My Burds N15 GTi

car looks good...

but just wondering you have painted the pwoer steering fluid resoviour...

when taking it off did you have to drain the fluid first or did you just leave the pipes hanging clean it up prime and spray....

thanks

ROB

it certainly came a long way, TBH i quite like the wheels on it, gives it a little more uniqueness. but i totally agree as i said to fiona last night it needs to be lowered.

As for the PAS res, i took off the hose one by one and stopped the fluid with my finger, and then took the other one off...unfortunatly it did spill some...but given the car engine was to being jetter down it got about 2 tins of engine degreaser all over it and came up perfect.

Next on the list i think will potentially be suspension, it needs lowered and shockies need replaced and wishbones are knocking a bit, so i reckon just replace the lot....but money is the issue the now!! i got a few job interviews lined up so when i get back into work fiona is gonna pour the cash into the car..she feels its worth it.

Once suspension is done..the next stage is interior...she aint too keen on it, but we have seen some nice ph2 interior about so would be nice to source that. carpet also needs replaced as its ripped. so hopefully this will be started next year...when the carpens and interior is all out me and my mate is going to cut out all the sports of rust and weld plates to it, it will be undersealed then waxoyled. new carpet fitted and new interior fitted...but again thats next year.

Also next year will be a respray..she feels the car is worth it to be done, the car has some rust on the arches, has a shit lot of scratched, a few dinks, a billion chips, deformed front bumper and we want that hideous ariel removed. so a respray is an only option for it..it will make it like new then.

You might be thinking thats a lot of money to put into a car...especially an R reg Almera...BUT she loves the car, she has fun in it and wants to fork out on making it like new.

On her finance she was tied to about 220quid a month for her honda civic for 5 years...thats a lot of money and she didnt have half as much fun as she has has had in the almera so far.

lastly the engine and perfomance will be done. prob keep her to a srock SR16VE with a stainless downpipe and catback.

That’s alot of plans lined up matey, I wouldn’t bother but that’s me. Ive fooked out for a near perfect example a while back and it’ll cost you less in the long run – trust.

dd

Okay some news about the N15, Unfortunatly come January it will be permanantly taken off the road, the Car Cancer IE rust has took over an rear inner arches are pretty bad, no to mention the scratches ect.

Good news is that Fiona will be getting another N15, around January time, and she will be looking for a half decent one, she has her heart set on a nice blue one, and potentially a p11 model as its a little more modern.

Okay, some news, My other half no longer has the car, rust got the better of it and she no longer wants it. Good news i have just took owner ship of the car, and she will be used as my daily driver, The primera needs work and parts replaced and i am only wrecking her the more i drive it so she comes off the road later today. And the Almera is in my hands.

I will be going back to the GTi alloys, and will clean it up a bit, I will also be looking to get some stickers to hide some of the scratches.

Cool cool at least it's still with you :). Needs some TLC by the sounds of it.

Well yesterday the Almera came from a Fly in the Ointment, and had upgraded to a pain in the ass! Starter motor decided to pack clean up. I am thankful i had the old P11 starter motor spare, and fitted that so she is running again.

Only difference in starter is the small cable, had to be cut from old starter as p11 has connector rung and not plastic connector, and the p11 starter is bigger than the n15 one, but mount bolts lined up fine, its all up and running now. and actually starts better than it used to.

Yeah, like i said its a little bigger than the n15 one, and the N15 starter has a thinner cable with a plastic connector on it, To use the P11 starter you need to snip the cable off the starter on the N15, crimp a little o ring connector, and thats it. good thing is of you ever go back to the N15 starter in the future, then no mod is needed as your not snipping the cable on the loom just on the old starter

Back
Top Bottom