My 'mera GX 1.6

:lol: coincidence that the drivers of those 5 doors are better. Not the car is better :rasp:.

We need to take a look at the table and compare 3 and 5 doors with the same motor ;)
so which is faster again?
Joe

i bet if id had cams in my DE i would have been up there with you :D shame no other GTi's are stripped as much as ours apart from rowdy who hasnt run yet this year ;)

The Future

so you've all probably heard me moaning bout this car lately.

truth of the matter is my car is a reasonably clean shell, and a practically new engine, the only problems are the bits around it. engine mounts are shot and so is the gearbox.

but i've put so much effort into it up till now so giving up? am i fuck.

a few people on here may know that i acquired a GA16DE turbo manifold recently. and i plan to use it.

Over the next couple months i'm gonna be accumulating all the neccessary bits to do the build and spread the cost.

spec wise im planning the following:-

T28 @ 8psi or a T25 @ TBC

700mm x 180mm x 65mm FMIC

2" boost piping, maybe 2.25" wanna keep the lag low so most likely the first option

planning to keep the stock intake mani. but this might change.

not intending to uprate internals. although i might heed dales recommendation and do the rod bolts. (i believe i can do this when the sump is off yeah?)

Been talking to dale, i have managed to acquire the fueling charts for a GA16DE+T up to 25psi boost. so i considered using safc and these values but dale reckons this isn't ideal though. so this is up for debate. may end up saving the penny's and going to the guy dale used and running a K11 ecu like him.

I've never done anything close to this before so its gonna be a learning experience as much a challenge and i hope some of you knowledgable chaps will be willing to help me on my way.

thanks so far to Dale, EDK and Dbull for answering my queries so far.

theres no doubt this is going ahead, the only question now is timescale.

Didnt take long to spill the beans Ross :lol:. Good luck mate it'll be awesome :). 25psi, christ! That's diesel level boost!

Back
Top Bottom