My 'mera GX 1.6

ye the grooves in the bushing at the top, though I think mine maybe slightly angled.. cant remember now

started fitting the oil filter relocation yesterday, not easy to find a good place for it in the mera bay, not a lot of room

settled on this, where the ABS thingy goes on a GTi

45869_10150237271545005_522925004_14142148_6919505_n.jpg

package arrived from stewarty as well.

41156_10150237272230005_522925004_14142149_3953116_n.jpg

the big overhaul this weekend starting tommorow. so lots of updates coming.

so had to delay the under car overhaul a bit till this weekend instead of last.

Jacked it up to standard height:

photo-6.jpg

new addition to the rear of the car

photo-7.jpg

New addition to the front of the car

photo-5.jpg

the beam swap took most of the day, running into a few complications with the brake pipes not willing to come undone and the impact gun stripping a nut bear on my coilies.

so thats a poly bushed beam, GTi front and rear brakes and HEL braided lines all round with a clean flush of dot 4 fluid. brand new genuine nissan discs and pads which i acquired off one of the GTi's we broke.

unfortunately. to my absolute disgust. both my rear shocks have burst. again. 4 months after replacement. so gonna need re-sealed before the next mot.

tomorrow i will be fitting a poly'd up GTi arb, Poly shifter support bush. copper collector gasket and refit the exhaust.

so me and rick set to work removing the engine tonight, took us 2 hours.

62749_10150256310450005_522925004_14637806_2014053_n.jpg

and took all of 2 minutes to diagnose my problem...

59014_10150256309750005_522925004_14637800_6878799_n.jpg

fortunately the engine locked up before it could lose ALL its oil so the cams are fine.

dunno how i snapped the rod bolts though :(

well bit of an upate, no pics unfortunately.

engine is out the GX and out the donor GTi,

all the performance bits are swapped over except the cams (baby steps)

I've replaced the sump tonight as it was leaking.

now. the bit im sure a few of you wanna know... WHY did it go in the first place...

a big FUCK OFF dent in the sump right where the oil pickup is. having looked at the sump pan tonight while it was off its fairly obvious that there is very little clearance for the pickup and strainer so the dent has starved the engine of oil, resulting in it throwing a rod...

now the dent wasnt there last wednesday when i was re-attaching the downpipe and the only place i can remember making ground contact was at the JAE speedbumps... so let that be a lesson to people with slammed cars... one knock to the sump is enough to kill your engine...

i'll be fabricating a sump guard when the engine is back in.

well bit of an upate, no pics unfortunately.

engine is out the GX and out the donor GTi,

all the performance bits are swapped over except the cams (baby steps)

I've replaced the sump tonight as it was leaking.

now. the bit im sure a few of you wanna know... WHY did it go in the first place...

a big FUCK OFF dent in the sump right where the oil pickup is. having looked at the sump pan tonight while it was off its fairly obvious that there is very little clearance for the pickup and strainer so the dent has starved the engine of oil, resulting in it throwing a rod...

now the dent wasnt there last wednesday when i was re-attaching the downpipe and the only place i can remember making ground contact was at the JAE speedbumps... so let that be a lesson to people with slammed cars... one knock to the sump is enough to kill your engine...

i'll be fabricating a sump guard when the engine is back in.

Id be eagerly awaiting the results

Nice. Good work mate.

Have to say though, behind you on the way to JAE you were so low you were grounding on chewing-gum on the road :)

Back
Top Bottom