MY Mera

Slick Rick said:
Ha! my wipers paint is flaking in EXACTLY the same place

Yeah i know roll on the punto wiper!!!
Alot neater!!!

Thanks for all the comments guys nice to get feedback on it.

Hopefully more will be done soon. (But a GTI is in the pipeline so i don't know weather to carry on doin what i want to do??)

Matt

mattmera said:
lol..... nah i want a dvd motorised screen eventually. just moved the cd played down the other day

an in dash screen in that position looks really good, i got mine in the same position.

nice lookin motor mate

Looks good, glad the bumper went to good use. :D

All you need now is a rear spoiler. ;)

Another update. Amost of you know my colour coding skills leave a lot to be desired so i bit the bullet and got new door handles. Fitted the rear one's the day but got frustrated and was scared of breaking my front doors,

But here is what it looks like so far.

Random021.jpg
[/IMG]

Random020.jpg
[/IMG]

Random019.jpg
[/IMG]

Will get better pics when the front is done aswell.

Also got a Punto wiper at last so just need to fit that aswell.

Well the door handles need doing anway. and i know it's a false economy but i still want it to look good. I'm almost happy with the exterior, few more things to do.

I know it won't add value but it will make me happy and anyway with the amount of interest I've had looks like she could be staying!

got them up at at scrappy's in edinburgh with help of chris and rick!! And boy did i need it.:lol: i couldn't not fit them after the hardship we all went through to get them off the primera's!!!! about half an hour each chris. i think they look good a lot better than what was there. I think i need to move the window guide out of the way to do the front one's but i have to put it back so i can't got hitting it with a hammer like i did to get them off!!!!

Well decided to give the car a good clean and tried my hardest to follow the detailing tips given on here. Unfortunately the my camera could do with a bit upgrading :O but it gives you the idea. Also fitted the front door handles the day. Feels good getting back into the car again after loosing interest in her, and concentrating on doing my DAS. But the car still has the problem with pulling to the left which is the next thing to tackle.

Cleancar001.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar003.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar004.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar005.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar006.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar007.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar008.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar010.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar011.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar012.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar014.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar016.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar020.jpg
[/IMG]
Cleancar021.jpg
[/IMG]

Matt

looking good, looks like its got a nice shine to it, what did you use?

i had to go against every detailing tip today, wash mitts were in the classic which has been in the bodyshop for the past 10 days and i couldnt drive a dirty car any longer, so i had to get 2 sponges from asda to wash them with, would have got another wash mitt but i have got 3 already and havent got £11 lying around to buy another just now. worst thing is though, i finish washing them and my dad comes outside and tells me the classic is finished now and we can go and collect it, oh well.

Looking good mate! Is that the AOC sticker on the bonnet? Take it that its slammed at one side and not the other is cause of the ground uv parked on!? How u manage to do the handles in the end?

It took me so long as my hose isn't long enough (leave out the jokes):lol: to reach the car as i haven't finished my drive yet. So i had to use buckets of water to rinse then washed with turtle wax shampoo, dryed it off, Blue T-Cut it, then finished it off with Meguires clear coat wax. oh yeah and Windowlene on the windows. Turns out ok. I've got Meguires NXT to keep it in shape during the week too. Tryed to find that collonite stuff that you suggested but can't find it anywhere, doesn't help that i can't mind what it's called though.:lol:

Yeah that is the sticker on the bonnet, gives the front end a nice finish. Yeah i hope it's the ground, But i think i'm going to order some KYB AGX shocks soon. As the shock keep bottoming out cause of the springs and it can't be doing any good.

The handles were a breeze just had to take the front window guide out, which i thought would be a pain to get back in, but went back fine. Took 30 mins to do both. Gives it a nice line with the clear repeaters and clear rear light.

i dont think you can get collinite in the shops, i got mine from ebay but theres a few online places that sell it aswell.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/

have a look in the trader section on there, think just about every trader on there will have it, mines the 476 but im not sure which is better as theres a few different ones i think, should be able to find out on that site though.

your car is looking good Matt

That site is a great source of info, I did mine yesterday and it rocks.

Collonite is the dogs danglies, i actually look forward to it raining

just outa curiosity....

did you swap your radio and storage slot positions? and if you did why so?
mite do it on my car, just looking for somethin to do tonight :D

mboylan86 said:
just outa curiosity....

did you swap your radio and storage slot positions? and if you did why so?
mite do it on my car, just looking for somethin to do tonight :D

It say's on the first page, they have been swapped over so a dvd screen can go in the top hole. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom