MY Mera

Just got 2 new shocks through today. Getting them fitted tomorrow. So hopefully my ride shall be better. Just got totally fed up with the rears botoming out and the noise it makes. Though it could be the lowing springs, so if it is still doing it after the new shocks get fitted the lowing springs will be coming off.

Here's the shocks i got:
Shocks.jpg

if you still have a problem, swap to KYBs dude, highly recommended. i had all the problems youve just listed and touch wood it seems to have cured them.....

Well i'll let you know how it goes the morn. Fingers crossed should cure it. Could be the topmounts though?

nice pics matt. remind me next time i see u to give you some tyre dressing tho. :P loving the ones with leaderfoot bridge, where were the first ones taken? cant place it at all?

the top mounts wouldnt make it botttom out tbh, if they were fcuked it would make noise, perhaps a chattering noise.

stuart.

Down at bowl side.

Thats good to here about the top mounts.

Phoned nissan for price on the shocks and Bill never got back to me???

mattmera said:
Down at bowl side.

Thats good to here about the top mounts.

Phoned nissan for price on the shocks and Bill never got back to me???

hmm more than likely he forgot to pass the message to malcolm. either that or he forgot. lol

see what happens when im away for the week lol. nissan ones are extortionate anyway! :rolleyes:

It looks better. As the arches have been done and the rear bumper has been sorted will get pics the morn, as some people wanted to see the colour match.

'Tis a lovely colour.

yeah it is, i miss my first almera because that was so so shiny even without polish, Now i polish and polish this one and it never comes up anywhere near as shiny as my first one.

Well, got the car back, just about to take it out for a proper spin, but it already feels so much stiffer and sturdier at the back. Bottoming out has gone, and the ride height seems to have risen just a smidgen at the back too. So looks like it's all fixed. Woo Hoo. Semi smooth driving!

mattmera said:
Well, got the car back, just about to take it out for a proper spin, but it already feels so much stiffer and sturdier at the back. Bottoming out has gone, and the ride height seems to have risen just a smidgen at the back too. So looks like it's all fixed. Woo Hoo. Semi smooth driving!

who done them for ya matt? malky?

It was tom cessford, he's just behind munroe auto electrics. Pleased with the work. But think i'm just goin to put the standard springs, as i have a feeling once the've bedding in so to speak that the knocking will come back. Purely due to the fact the lowering springs have just shortened the travel on the shocks.

Back
Top Bottom