My N15 Gti

Darren198712 said:
apparently the SR16VE ECU with a Piggy back system works and has a high red line compared to the SR20VE ECU

Paul D ran a 16ve MAF and ECU, he had to do some rewiring for the ECU and the Dizzy, but his ran well, and with an 8200 rpm Rev limit. Im sure Paul would be willing to share some of his knowledge if asked.

Mick

Neither are straight forward but wheres the fun in that. If the price is right, i'd go with the VE just because of what i said before. Also whats wrong with using the 20VE's ECU? Does anyone know?

Pics of car on holiday, took a beating whilst in France, their A/B/C roads etc are shite!
Finally got round to putting the AOC stickers on her aswel!

HolidayGti2.jpg

HolidayGti1.jpg

HolidayGti3.jpg

HolidayGti4.jpg

Simcard said:
Neither are straight forward but wheres the fun in that. If the price is right, i'd go with the VE just because of what i said before. Also whats wrong with using the 20VE's ECU? Does anyone know?

Well that's what i'd have thought....surely you'd use a 20VE ECU instead of pissing about with a 16VE and using a piggyback system?

Unless there's something wrong with it :eek:

Yes by the way it is a stunning car...saw it in the flesh when I met Simcard for some bits n bobs!! Cheers mate!! hahaha!!

What about the spare engine you have mate with 0 miles on it...thought about doing anything with that?

sri_alan said:
darren can i just ask if you know what you're talking about? and can you explain the theory of "hydrological" clutches
I meant hydraulic not hydrological. (the clutch cable is hydraulic not the clutch sorry. you will have to modify the pedal and clutch cable if your going to have the P12 Gear Box)
the N16 P2 uses the hydraulic clutch as well as the Primera P11 114

A PM that Dbull sent me
Dbull said:
As for the P11 144 gearbox, yes, it does use a hydraulic clutch, so that's one thing that you will not have to modify.

Slapster said:
Well that's what i'd have thought....surely you'd use a 20VE ECU instead of pissing about with a 16VE and using a piggyback system?
the 16VE has a higher red line
and I think the 20VE ECU is made for a auto not a manual

I was right about the red line and the piggy back system it removes the 112mph speed limit

this guy apparently did the first UK SR20VE I seen this site ages ago
http://www.digitaltrading.co.uk/sr20ve/electronic.htm

I successfully ran the VE ecu for some weeks, the engine was very smooth and responsive however the limiters really annoyed me. The cut-offs at both revs and speed are very aggressive, the engine just blows nil power -- quite disconcerting. I contacted a USA VE dealer for an uncommon solution, I bought an SR16VE ECU, thats the 1600cc version of the engine, that ECU has a very much higher RPM limit due to the fact it carries lower movement inertia and was fitted to a manual gearbox. This ECU then had a higher rev limit but still a 112mph speed limiter, I fitted a proprietary GREDDY part to remove the speed limiter, I think that it "fools" the ECU into believing that the car is still doing 111mph when you infact surpass that speed, an in-line device fitted on the road speed sender.UK built Primeras come with a German made BOSCH ECU, quite different in circuit design to the Japanese even though the loom interface connector is identical. That is why I went for the Japanese VE ecu, I did not think that my BOSCH ecu would be servicable to JWT.

Corbs said:
No the SR20VET one is.
im thinking of the VET on the X-Trial GT's I think the 16VE has a higher red line thats all

JClark said:
IMO best car on here!
Thanks but i'd give that award to rowdy or jme's old car, Andrew Smiths GTi! However next year i should be running the VE...

What about the spare engine you have mate with 0 miles on it...thought about doing anything with that?
Might just sell it on again if i dont put it in the mera before xmas.

As for the VE ecu problem. I can get ecu's made from scratch made especially for the engine so that might be the best way.

Simcard said:
As for the VE ecu problem. I can get ecu's made from scratch made especially for the engine so that might be the best way.
thats should be easier then pissing about with wiring

Awsome, awsome car man. So good it's awsomex2. I really like your car. Wasn't sure about the red being a bit bright, but It's a subtly brilliant paint job.

Back
Top Bottom