My N16 Install

wow you have loads of stuff on your dash board i get distracted to easily can only cope with a head unit lol

d0b0 said:
wow you have loads of stuff on your dash board i get distracted to easily can only cope with a head unit lol

Too right mate - don't get me wrong CREDIT where its due but i'd want to phone my pal and end up tuning the radio to BBC Radio 4 "The Late Night Jazz Sessions" :confused: no! LoL

I am ok I can drive and change track at the same time and sometimes use the phones hands free when its safe to do so. I like my toys :D

anything ever come of those bulbs you mentioned earlier on in the thread mate?

mate i needed some help as i was wondering that can i connect a sub direct to my head unit also if i cannot can i get normal speakers like 12" ones that i can connect straight to my headunit.... also darren how did ya get those side panels in ya boot where there are normally nets, did you make them if so please can you tell me how as i wanna make them and put speakers on them so all the wires are hidden in my boot. also how did you mount them as u cannot really screw them in can you????

You can not run a 12" sub from any head unit. you need a amp.

The side panels are made out of 12mm MDF and then covered in carpet. then are screwed in with 3 screws 2 on the top and one on the bottom.

the top ones are screwed in in where the net normally hangs on there are 2 screws in there (they are black scews you will see them in this pic

N16AMPSony.jpg

the bottom screw is where the other net holds off. i drilled a hole in the metal andd then put a screw in past the metal into the MDF

I would not advice to put 2 screws in on the top because it broken the bracket on the side. I am looking for a side speaker holder etc.

cheers mate and for the mdf can you send me the measurements please maybe a drawing cheers and can i run speakers of my head unit

you can run standard speakers and proboly a bit better ones's but i would advise a amp if u are upgrading speakers.

I do not have mesurments. mesure it with a tap mesure and then buy the MDF. and then trim bits off till it fits. thats what i did.

Back
Top Bottom