My new toy... mwhaha

Soz if this seems like an obvious question but apart from the visuals, whats the difference between this Pulsar and a GTi?? I know their a lot more rare here but is that it??
Thanks

Has the following spec:

High Port SR20DE motor in place of the original SR18DE unit
advanced timing
sports tuned ecu
high lift cams
forged high compression (11:1) pistons
sodium filled valves
LSD
headers
full jazma exhaust system
autech bodykit
No ABS
No Sunroof
No passenger airbag
Racing Battery
205/50/R15 tyres
Cup holders
Foam seat bench that unclips and comes out in about 10seconds
Moulded into seat rear headrests
All belts/buckles apart from the drivers tuck away

around 170bhp

Maybe he'll swap me :D

br3n said:
its not insured yet as its not UK registered, I'm planning on crossing that bridge when I come to it :x

so you have to have it converted yourself and insure it??

:feint: good luck.

Br3n that car is SEX! Proper JDM old skool. As said already, loving the orange indicators. Lush. Post more pics up when you get it - inside etc.

What's involved in registering/converting it to the UK or whatever? :O

K33 ELV said:
What's involved in registering/converting it to the UK or whatever? :O

making it road legal, e.g. Rear fog and side repeaters basically. Also get the the speedo changed to MPH but that isnt a legal requirement. Changing the tyre rating too, as the tyres in Japan are only rated for 110 kph. Some other stuff to probably!

A friend of mine recently imported his own skyline gts and hes agreed to help me with the registering of the car, also have another friend whos a mechanic and is helping with the technical side of things, Either way I hope it'll be ready for road use in a month or two :D

Does anyone know if the rear window heater switch is simply an on/off switch or does it contain more than that? I need an illuminated switch for the rear fog (which I might make out of the 2 reverse lights as theyre p1 lights, or a clip of fog for MOT) would be nice to keep in the theme of things.

Either way, more photos will be posted tomorrow.

You can buy an under bumper foglight with an illuminated switch, won't cost too much. Buy a Jap car magazine and there will probably be places advertising them.

br3n said:
A friend of mine recently imported his own skyline gts and hes agreed to help me with the registering of the car, also have another friend whos a mechanic and is helping with the technical side of things, Either way I hope it'll be ready for road use in a month or two :D

Does anyone know if the rear window heater switch is simply an on/off switch or does it contain more than that? I need an illuminated switch for the rear fog (which I might make out of the 2 reverse lights as theyre p1 lights, or a clip of fog for MOT) would be nice to keep in the theme of things.

Either way, more photos will be posted tomorrow.
I've got a spare set of phase one rear lights, you can have the one with the fogs in for a few pounds if you like?

Hally said:
making it road legal, e.g. Rear fog and side repeaters basically. Also get the the speedo changed to MPH but that isnt a legal requirement. Changing the tyre rating too, as the tyres in Japan are only rated for 110 kph. Some other stuff to probably!

see the side repeater thing,

me and alan was lookin at his autech at the dundee meet and he has the bulges on his front indicators to,

only thing we could work out what they are for is they act as a reflector, ie eliminating the need of side repeaters

ask a mot station if this would pass, think it looks nice without side repeaters

Or you could maybe toy with the idea of aftermarket indicators on the wing mirrors - not the cheesy and over done M3 style mirrors - but the lights themselves

Demon Tweeks do them iirc - adhesive too

TallPaul86 said:
Or you could maybe toy with the idea of aftermarket indicators on the wing mirrors - not the cheesy and over done M3 style mirrors - but the lights themselves

Demon Tweeks do them iirc - adhesive too

na they look gay

Back
Top Bottom