My SRi

Replaced the rear suspension today, standard springs but its just to get it through the MOT and im just grateful to actually have some suspension at the rear, silky smooth woo!

While replacing the rear suspension, jacked rear up, went round the front a thought yes this is how i want the front to look, lowww:
S3010077.jpg

Before, people at JAE will agree it wasnt far off a 100mm drop lol!
JAE11.jpg

After, riding high but atleast its comfy!
S3010082.jpg

And the offending item, i knew the spring was snapped but didnt realise it had snapped in 2 places! Once the car was jacked up there was no tention at all on the spring. Also the damper was TOTALLY buggered, could easily slide it in and out with no effort, empty of oil and nearly 5mm play at the lower mount end, moving from side to side. Even like this it stuck to the road. Once i took it off it scared me a bit to think id been driving around on that fragile suspension! As you can see theres not a lot left of the bump stop haha

S3010087.jpg

S3010088.jpg

Well its had a few hours spent on it today, wash, polish and a good cleaning inside, passenger seat still wont slide, no joy on blaming a jammed penny :)

The offending item of blowing flexipipe can be seen next the car grrr, exhaust sorted anyway and it now pops like my sunny woop woop :D
clean02.jpg

clean01.jpg

well as soon as i get my payrise at work, an extra 10k will do nicely mmm, well it definately needs a respray in either black (blame damo, his car is like a mirror) or the same blue as it is atm.

Also coilovers, front and rear splitter and sideskirts from Odog, maybe just spray my front SRI splitter though.

New pistons rings as it burns a bit of oil.

Then a shopping spree at JWT and Fidanza and fit my ported, polished head, complete decent stainless system and see what the GA16 can punch out on the N/A or i will just drop a 2 litre and go along the N/A tune route with that also.

Nothing really happens with it at the moment because of money but fingers crossed within 2 months at the very latest i will have my rise, waiting for my completed apprenticeship certificates to come back from the external verifiers..

CoV said:
well as soon as i get my payrise at work, an extra 10k will do nicely mmm, well it definately needs a respray in either black (blame damo, his car is like a mirror) or the same blue as it is atm.

Well you'd hate to see mine now if you thought it was shiny at JAE, espacially after the weekends purchase!

Looking good mate, it really was on its arse next to mine!

Well, fitted the GTi brakes yesturday, they need another little bleed as theyre slightly spongey, But they seem to work much better once a bit of heat is put into them. They have been stripped down with a wire brush attack, chemical wash, ultrasonic wash, then hung up and every part sprayed, slide ways thoroughly cleaned and sprayed inside with copper grease, slides beautifully now :):):)

Got green brake fade after 3 laps of hams hall last night lol, was to be expected as the pads are new, they wont be on long though.

Going along the tryed and tested yellowstuff, goodridge hoses and 5.1 fluid :)

Havent had a chance to clean the car recently so excuse the brake dust, most the dust on the caliper is from cleaning the disc surface up, had surface rust on them.

One step closer to becoming a GTi

Going to look into making an actual rear strut brace which bolts to the suspension tops.

brakes01.jpg

brakes02.jpg

lol will do tomorow now ive got some spare time, going to refurb them in the near future too, also a colour change

Nice one Cov..

I was down at hams hall sunday evening, it was quite good. What time were you down there?
Someone rolled a saxo!

i was there after the crash and it got reopened. Mates red RX7 blitzed teh silver R32 skyline!

i was saving my petrol until i hit hams, then it was all go! 106 GTi let me past and then was glued to my arse, now i know how nippy they are lol

CoV said:
i was there after the crash and it got reopened. Mates red RX7 blitzed teh silver R32 skyline!

i was saving my petrol until i hit hams, then it was all go! 106 GTi let me past and then was glued to my arse, now i know how nippy they are lol

there 120bhp and weigh a lot less than a mera lol

what colour you thinkin for the wheels?

lol i know GTi's struggle until like 90 with a 106 GTi but never experienced one myself before.

Im going gloss black, posibly some OE GTi wheels.

My image for the car is allll black, was going for white wheels on black car but it seems to be a common trend recently black/white.

Image high gloss black paint, black wheels, dropped on its arse with an SR20 in. That will keep me happy for a while, currently saving for this respray.

I reckon a standard 106 GTi would give a standard N15 GTi a run for its money. so much lighter. round corners it would win hands down.

Alright fanboi give it a rest. Stop turning every post you make into a nissan vs overrated french piece of toss arguement! 106 gti, quick, nippy, built by a blind french monkey (see kelv for procedure if found).
The 106 does have 130bhp/ton and the mera 123/ton so yes the 106 probably would be quicker. Luckily they're driven by kids.

yup I only used one carrier from the set i picked up from you lol.

Even though these are standard pads, the brakes are ok, and once theyve got some heat into them, they are amazing but much more heat and they fade lol. So getting some yellow stuff and hopefully soon should have some braided hoses.

Ill change the pics for some clean ones lol

advanced the timing today, was originally set at 11 degrees, as soon as i advanced it slightly the engine sounded healthier, its currently set at 17 degrees and i kept my ear out for pinking and there is the sound of pinking very briefly say every 5 minutes of driving so ill put it back to 15 just to be safe.

But the car pulls nicer, feels like the engine has a mere 50k on it rather than 104k now :)

very worthwhile doing this :)

Back
Top Bottom