My SRi

Well ive had the dyno run done, havent had time to put the print outs up yet but it made 90hp at the wheels at 5800rpm and max torque of 130Nm at 2700rpm at the wheels.

Bloke told me the fueling was fine, on the graph it start high, drops down, goes through enrichment then settles at 13.5 between 4500rpm and 6000rpm.

Is there a rough calculation to work out the BHP from the WHP?

it wasnt done standard, but theyre a 100 new, so taking into account any power loss after 107k, thats not too bad at all id say :)

nice increase, wish i had spent a bit of money on the 1.4 to see what increases that would have given, must be some decent gains to be had as everything seems very restricted but there was always a 2.0 waiting so i never paid the engine much attention, shame really.

look forward to seeing how it progresses, how much was the dyno run aswell btw?

i asked about the timing before i went to the dyno, and the bloke said that 7 degrees advance was ALOT! But if i couldnt hear any pinking/and it wasnt knocking it should be ok but the only way to really find out if its ok was the run it and it was fine, i will get the pics up as soon as i can :)

Finally got the print outs up, what does everyone think?

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

Finally an update.

Almost ready to come back on the road, except i need a couple of bolts for trhe rear engine mount, from nissan theyre £6 each plus VAT and they only come in packs of 5! So thats 60 quid for 3 bolts, time to visit a scrappy..

Anyway:

Driveshafts pulled, gearbox not off yet:
stage00.jpg

Phasr 1 GTi suspension cleaned up and painted and then fitted with lowering springs.
stage01.jpg

stage02.jpg

Gearbox off, flywheel/clutch assembly
stage03.jpg

New gearbox ready to go on.
Stage04.jpg

Ready to fit new box
stage05.jpg

New box on woohoo!
stage06.jpg

Screwed front mount
stage07.jpg

Lowered GTi suspension and strut brace ready to go on
stage08.jpg

Comparison between Phase 1 GTi lowered suspesion (top) and lowered Phase 2 SRi suspension (bottom)
stage09.jpg

Woohoo its in there!
stage10.jpg

Strut brace fitting
stage11.jpg

stage12.jpg

Driveshafts pushed back in and hubs bolted back onto suspension leg.
stage13.jpg

Happy days!

been through all that fitting my flywheel n clutch, didnt snap any bolts or noubt did lose one though.

Good to see you doing it yourself though fair play

Wahey done and damn ive missed the car.

Front end back on after the bonnet catch was adjusted.
frontend.jpg

First time down, new lowered front (excuse the dirt):
low1.jpg

Rear lowered:
rearlower.jpg

Getting up my drive, coilovers are a no go lol (almost as low as the sunny here):
low2.jpg

After being cleaned and then it rained but lowered front and back:
low3.jpg

hmmm like that, possbily with a blue pinstripe on the wheels...

Springs are a set of Pi's, nice firm ride, minimal body roll even on standard dampers, i even get oversteer now, totally different compared to what it was like on the previous suspension.

New hankook ventus s1 evo front tyres are amazing in the wet and look like an F1 tyre when moving lol

Looks good, did you take them off or do them while they were still on the car?

what else you colour coding?

Me thinks........... the strut brace is on the wrong way round in the pic ;)

Looks good man, keep it up.

sprayed it on the car, much less hastle.

lol i know i realised soon after and changed the brace around haha

Had ago at the strips today, thinking of handing it over to a body shop as i cant seem to get it just right, the new paint seems a lighter shade of blue or is it that the whole car just needs a damn good polishing to bring it up again? Naylors looks a brighter blue to mine...?

DSC00209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom