My sunny SR

well because my bad boy has a free flowing exhaust with manifold it pulls a lot harder than standard, especially now ive put the standard airbox back on, im not too sure on the pressure its running matey, i did an emissions test again and the CO level is 1.2% instead of 0.1% which is what it was at yesterday, so not too much air going in now, the GA16DE without a cat should be between 1.5 and 2.0% so still a little lean maybe, only a rolling road sesh will tell, im going to be getting it on soon as i really want to know how its really running and the power output with the mods, to give a rough guide a had a go with a saxo VTS off the lights today funnily enough and i kept with him until 60 then he started gently pulling away, considering saxos have 20bhp more and weigh a lot less then the sunny (i had mine weighed the other day and it came up at 1020kg) i think thats pretty good going :D

sunnysrule said:
well because my bad boy has a free flowing exhaust with manifold it pulls a lot harder than standard, especially now ive put the standard airbox back on, im not too sure on the pressure its running matey, i did an emissions test again and the CO level is 1.2% instead of 0.1% which is what it was at yesterday, so not too much air going in now, the GA16DE without a cat should be between 1.5 and 2.0% so still a little lean maybe, only a rolling road sesh will tell, im going to be getting it on soon as i really want to know how its really running and the power output with the mods, to give a rough guide a had a go with a saxo VTS off the lights today funnily enough and i kept with him until 60 then he started gently pulling away, considering saxos have 20bhp more and weigh a lot less then the sunny (i had mine weighed the other day and it came up at 1020kg) i think thats pretty good going :D

well i got the GA14, ive got the manifold/decat/backbox/air box wi K&N panel and i advanced the timing, pulls loads harder than a standard one, which ever route i take itll be going on the rolers for a setup, youll have to keep us posted with the rollin road details, would be good to see, mine was a complete flop as i reckon the timing was too far forward....

....@cov, alan and kelv: the GA14 is a lot different to the 16, torque band is a lot narrower, im sure james can back me up that the higher your revving the better it pulls..... especially in mine with the full exhaust on....

oh right cool yeh, i'll post it up when i get the result.

what happened on your rolling road sesh like fella? what was she pushing out?

sunnysrule said:
oh right cool yeh, i'll post it up when i get the result.

what happened on your rolling road sesh like fella? what was she pushing out?

basically, the timing was too far forward so it hit a huge flat spot at 4700 and the operator backed off at 83 bhp - 1 below standar, but even so i was impressed with 91 ft/lb torque and the way the power built up until it hit that huge flat spot...... see i had asked about advancing timing on here, tried what i was told and it felt good, it was only when the SI went on the rollers it showed that it lost all power after 4700. i dropped the timing back and it feels fairly even throughout the rev range now, i tried different settings over 3 or 4 days and found 15deg. adv. to have the better feel.

heres my graph anyway, will be going for another try after xmas when its gone through the dreaded mot (fingers crossed)

IMG_0242.jpg

cheers

tom.

as promised

for the mods i have done its only got standard power :( torque is good though, didnt expect it to have more torques than powers. the tuner said its very healthy though as the graph shows :D check out the nice torque curve.

if you cant see its:-
103.1bhp @ 5925rpm
110.4 lb/ft @ 3580
76.9 WHP

mods
apexi panel filter with CAI
2" stainless all the way with decat
SSAC manifold
FSE fuel valve
15 degree timing

SP_A0365.jpg

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/sunnysrule/?action=view&current=SV_A0086.flv

lol yeh everyone commented on how loud it is, the back box is quite tiny though i suppose, yeh i am pretty proud tbh, the graph shows its doing good, i just thought with the mods it would have been a bit higher

she is no longer :( deer ran out on the A19 whilst the car was doing 80mph, bonnet flipped up and cracked windscreen
DSC04417.jpg

nah its KO'd mate, both x members are bent and would obviously need a new windscreen, bits are already going on mates other sunny SR with the SR20 motor in it

because im lookin for a 1.6 for th turbo build but dont want th car left with no engine throughout th build.

Interesting to see the massive differences between the power run of the SR 1.6 and my 1.6, Very nice torque curve for yours but mine peaks then drops off rapidly, maybe its the large peak at 2800rpm that makes it that little extra power up top compared to yours.

Find it interesting as im becoming aware of just how different engines can react to identical modifications but receive different outcomes.

dyno1.jpg

ah right i see, i'll ask him for you fella. yeh the torque curve on the sunny was awesome, power was ok, lost loads through the gearbox though as it was shagged and the wheel bearings needed doing too

aaaaaah just found this thread while browsing, the sunny is getting fixed, geting all body parts needed off my GTiR and my old SR20 is going in it :D so it will be back at shakeys in the summer with me again, i'll get some shots when its fixed and its progress. it has my standard GTi alloys on it and he is getting them painted black YES!

ooooooh yeeeeeeh

needs a little bit of wiring doing, painting the black bits and a windscreen then shes ready to rock and roll again. my engine in it with the same mods as i had, he has it stripped, i managed a 14.8 with the motor in my almera so should be interesting what is does in the sunny :D

i donated a lot of the parts off my pulsar, including the D2 coilovers which is why its so low, standard GTi wheels too yO

14102009242.jpg

14102009243.jpg

14102009244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom