N15 Si Front Headlight Bulb Replacement

the fronts were very easy, jus make sure you have spring compressors otherwise its tough getting the cap back on.

Darren198712 said:
:mad: ahhhhhhhh and you can get insured on a GTi ? I can't touch a GTi till I am 21 - 25 can't even get insured on a 1.8 :mad: ahhhhhh Birmingham sucks man

oh yeah I quoted at the age of 19 for a GTi but they said they can't insured me now Im 20 I don't think they can insured me now. got a quote for a GTi and the cheapest insurance was like 3-4k :mad:

posted again for the 100th time :roll:

Darren198712 said:
OMG man this contains loads of work need to rip every thing apart and takes about 5 hours

only joking refer to the hand book it should tell you you will need H4 bulbs

:mad: ahhhhhhhh and you can get insured on a GTi ? I can't touch a GTi till I am 21 - 25 can't even get insured on a 1.8 :mad: ahhhhhh Birmingham sucks man

oh yeah I quoted at the age of 19 for a GTi but they said they can't insured me now Im 20 I don't think they can insured me now. got a quote for a GTi and the cheapest insurance was like 3-4k :mad:

I only live about 15miles from birmingham and i have had my GTi since i was 18. i payed £1250 2 years ago. if i was you mate i would try looking about. i am with admiral and now pay £820 and im now 20.
but 3-4k for insurace... fuck me :eek:

Rizzo said:
I thought an owners club was meant to be helpful, obviously not this one.
This one is. Just that there's a really good search function that no one uses. Also when it comes to changing a bulb, seriously mate, thats not what an owners club is for, thats what a haynes manual is for.

well i try to do it, its a simple question that obviously has a simple answer, but instead i just get the piss taken out of me, wtf.

It's only a bit of banter. You'll notice this site has more of that than anywhere else.

Once you get into how things run on here, you'll understand.

read back to the first page and you actually got myself and another respose to answer your question mate. Did you even have a bash before you asked? a quick look at it and tbh it kinda obvious. not actually having a go at you mate.

true kurt, ive noticed sometimes its like a small almera owners family lol

i did realise that, and i did try fitting it before i posted it up because i knew it were a stupid question. It jus became really awkward as the oil tank or summink is blocking my access to it.

Ah, I think its the washer fluid bottle, can't move it so just have to work round it, pull the rubber off, unscrew the plastic thing, and then you see the metal clip, squeeze the two sides and it should come off, the bulb will then just pull out :)

if the lamp plug is any good you will need the squeeze the 2 sides in to release it, look at the new one, there are holes in the pins/blades, this is what holds the plug onto the lamp.

Also the tank is the expansion tank for the coolant system, it pulls out of its bracket, just a snug fit thats all.

ballam, hope you havent been topping up the coolant system with windscreen wash lol

cov_racer said:
if the lamp plug is any good you will need the squeeze the 2 sides in to release it, look at the new one, there are holes in the pins/blades, this is what holds the plug onto the lamp.

Also the tank is the expansion tank for the coolant system, it pulls out of its bracket, just a snug fit thats all.

ballam, hope you havent been topping up the coolant system with windscreen wash lol

haha had a couple of beers, and was working off memory... they're both in the same area! :p Haven't been under the bonnet for a while, i probably should, it needs a clean :p

i found out where the washer reservour was whe i crashed lol, bumper popped open like a door lmao

cov_racer said:
i found out where the washer reservour was whe i crashed lol, bumper popped open like a door lmao
:lol: On that note, how the :angry: difficult is it to get @ the drivers side indicator with that washer neck in the way! :mad2:

Rhys, Sorry if our banter caused offence, as Kurt says it`s just the way we are here, & sometimes we don`t realise what we`ve said until we read it back. :O

As you`ll soon be a full member, with acces to all our little secrets, you`ll fall right into it.

There must be at least 6 ex almera owners that are still on here, because the sense of community is far better than anywhere else. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom