N16 (TDM) - SR20VE

loving it looks neat I want a SR20 now

am I the only one that spotted the mirrors ? :)

yea, the side mirrors are custom made fibre-glass 'bomex' style with adjustable motors inside, it costs about 2500 baht :p ( rate now prob. around 1 pound = 64 baht)

And yes in the pic > straight pipe LOL :p < but now I have just installed a 2.5 Blitz Nur Spec instead. Nice and quiet now :lol::lol:

not really just randomly spotted it

anyway the car is a N16 and its in Thailand

I was wondering if the SR20VE came standard or did you have to do a engine swap ?

I am thinking now as I am off to Malaysia July 13th and I will check out some of the N16's there and they should be the same as the Thailand ones (Asia N16) I guess.

Nope N16 here comes with QG16 and QG18. :O

In Malaysia there are also some guys I know running VEs' in N16s. Nice too. ;) Enjoy your trip man.

Thanks I will have a nice trip I need it

just wondering what parts you used in your conversion

hubs ?
modified engine mounts
etc etc

I know the N16 (known as Sunny in China) came with a SR20DE in a automatic editon

That's awesome I love it! VE too, shame they never put them in the UK spec N16 that would have boosted sales, plus there's just loads of tuning goodies available for them. (N1 cams hehe)
Would love to see some pictures of the conversion. Does the SR20VE bolt straight to the QG series box?

Thanks I will have a nice trip I need it

just wondering what parts you used in your conversion

hubs ?
modified engine mounts
etc etc

I know the N16 (known as Sunny in China) came with a SR20DE in a automatic editon

main conversions:

fabed engine bay mounts to go with the engine
hubs stock but made custom drive shafts
..cut here...weld there...small details and all.

:O

That's awesome I love it! VE too, shame they never put them in the UK spec N16 that would have boosted sales, plus there's just loads of tuning goodies available for them. (N1 cams hehe)
Would love to see some pictures of the conversion. Does the SR20VE bolt straight to the QG series box?

thx man ;)

and it wasn't a straight bolt on...but there was plenty of room to work with. ;)

Nice car, was the conversion easy for you?
Are you piggy backing on a SR20VE ECU or an SR16VE ECU or neither?

:lol: was it easy? as with every conversion, some difficulties along the way but it finally got done that's the important thing :lol:

I was using the E-manage Blue at first but now i updated some info in p.1 and i am running stock 20VE ECU but now have a custom ROM (daughter board)

thx for droppin' by bro. ;)

PS. Real awesome ride yourself...love to have that blue color on my N16 someday :p

Totally missed this thread.. Your car looks awesome with the orange corner indicators, hope you haven't removed them!
That new exhaust looks lovely as well.
Lovely N16!
Joe

Totally missed this thread.. Your car looks awesome with the orange corner indicators, hope you haven't removed them!
That new exhaust looks lovely as well.
Lovely N16!
Joe

thx Joe

and yea removed the orange 'theme' :lol: got bored so now back to basics...crystal clear for now

About time this was cleared up methinks :). How'd you do it Benzene?

Sorry for the late (very late actually :eek: ) reply as always guys.

Yea bout the GTR wheels.

It is all stock hub and center bearings but what i did was some driling on the center bearing and the disc ...not so easy but possible. ;)

the stock N16 comes with 4 x 114.3 as we all know and the GTR or even the GTS wheels are 5 holes x 114.3

With the same PCD of 114.3 there was enough area on the stock center bearing ( not sure if i'm calling it right, the piece with original 4 bolts are locked to) to drill some extra holes and to use 1 of the original bolt holes as a guide.

You will need a 5 x 114.3 disc as a pattern to do the drilling and measuring on your original center bearing and disc.

I will get some pics up and it should be easier to understand I believe :p

here's some updated pics, unfortunely i was involved in a crash on the highway so took the opportunity to give the N16 a new look. ;)

thanks again for all the comments guys.

Benz

Back
Top Bottom