N16 (TDM) - SR20VE

Sorry about the crash mate, but the new version looks good :thumb: although if I'm honest I prefered the look before :O.

What about the rear hubs? They don't look so easy to drill because of the thinner areas.

^you said to me you went to a scrappy and looked at one and tried it and it didnt fit. Lies?

^you said to me you went to a scrappy and looked at one and tried it and it didnt fit. Lies?
lol I had a look at one and the suspension set up is completely different. but you may be able to press the hub about with the wheel bearing and put it on the N16 one. I am thinking almera Tino hubs. no one has tried it but I think the tino is a rare car out side of UK.

Darren

oh yeah and the white looks really nice :)

if the tino hubs fit then you should be able to fit a R32 GTR brake setup onto it. making it a straight bolt on.

heh ok mate. Would be worth trying to open up to more wheel choice :).

heh ok mate. Would be worth trying to open up to more wheel choice :).

I know but I worked out the cost's and it seems way too much + I found these volk racing alloys so its all good

Hubs 100 quid
Rear caliper 70 quid
R32 Calipers 120-150 quid
rear disc for Tino 60 quid + pads 20 quid
R32 disc + pads 130 quid + Pads £40
+ alloys I need

£420 and I got the calipers and wheels but S14a wheels which I would be replacing so it would cost me about the same.

I may have the calipers and wheels but still expensive

from above its very expensive to do a hub swap and I got a set of volk wheels for about 450 + referbing 580 in total and then calipers for £550 + I needed discs £90 and then my mate engineered the brackets for me £60 so more or less £700 quid

I know the R32 swap would of been a good idea but when I come to sell the car one day at least I can rip of the calipers and use them for my next car.

I some times do think I should of done the hub swap so I can open a new door for you lot but its a lot of headache.

I think £1130 for wheels and calipers is very expensive personally. Especially when more power is needed. But what you've done Daz does look amazing :).

I think £1130 for wheels and calipers is very expensive personally. Especially when more power is needed. But what you've done Daz does look amazing :).

I rather spend money on good quality items that will last me long as I did buy them inovit's that cost me about 400 and lasted me 4 months or so. calipers. Nissan R32 Calipers are great but I rather have endless as they are rare. the volks seem steep but at the end of the day they are forged and will take a lot of abuse on stupid pot hole roads

Looks like you have a custom , im, distributor, and induction/ filter
Explain..
Very nice btw.

20vebay.jpg

Just looks like a different plenum to suit the throttle body, and that's just an older style external coil dizzy (its on the bulk head), you would have had one.

The intake is a JsRacing copy purely for looks they never gain power.

*Phone*

Cool, but no the std sr20ve dizzy is not like that.
I have the SR20VE, SR20DE Sunny , and sr20de almera, nothing like that.
But as you said, older style...

p.s was my pm - pics any good to you Sam?

I know the ve dizzy is different, I have one, that looks like its off a de.

I sussed out what they have used on yours so yeah cheers for them

*Phone*

here are some updated specs guys:

head work, 16VE cams, modified stock IM, 70 mm TB, P08 ECU - realtime tuned, honda dizzy, MSD Blaster, custom 4-1 header, Simota Induction kit.

Never got around to do any comparison for the stock induction tube vs Simotas but since there was no need for a MAF anymore, with the stepped design from the big entry squeezing down to the 70 mm, just thought that it would help with some intake velocity8) as i've seen some VE users done similar things when upgraded to N60 MAF where they do a step down on the size of the induction tubing, and its plastic so it should help with heat soak pretty much the same as the stock induction tube, no harm no foul.

Thanks for the comments ;)

that's some big numbers for the spec, congrats!

I've read of some guys using honda ECUs and sensors along with the dizzy on ve's as the chipped realtime tunable ecu only costs about £30!

....phone....

Interesting, what model Honda? And what was your reason for it?

*Phone*

Main reasons - on a budget but would like to delete MAF (preparation for ITBs in the future if opportunity allows) and also the widespread capabalities of realtime tuning on a Honda ECU, at least where i'm located...;)

that's some big numbers for the spec, congrats!

I've read of some guys using honda ECUs and sensors along with the dizzy on ve's as the chipped realtime tunable ecu only costs about £30!

....phone....

Thanks mate! And yes, you get the idea :Thumbs:

I knew it was a Honda dizzy! it looks like a B16a2 one but they may be the same across the B series?

...phone...

It's actually a D15B dizzy but i know people who also have done this and used B series, both works fine. ;)

Back
Top Bottom