Naylor's GTI

Quality. Hadn't seen this thread developing but the car looks superb mate I really like the way your going with it...

some old pics and stuff

Ive had to scan these in as I didnt have a digi camera back then, just the old fashioned click then send them away jobs :lol:

my first mods, had to wait for most of the mods to be made as no one modified almera's back then.
K&N induction kit
scorpion 3.5" CAT back exhaust
17" urban racer 7's
30mm drop Eibachs springs

standardrear.jpg

standardengine.jpg

My first boot install in the almera, had to still be able to get things in the boot at the time because of certain circumstances
Focal Polyglass components, gensis profile 4, 12" JL Audio sub, Pioneer headunit and 12 disc changer
firstbootinstall0001.jpg

the first time it had been for some bodywork treatment, Izuz Trooper bonnet vent, that I didnt keep very long, rest of the bodymods I got done I still have now.
Got my 18" technomagnesiums on then, the new interior and retrimmed, dual exit exhaust(the first one that powerflow in newcastle had done)

ventedfront.jpg

second install, same equipment, different layout
secondbootinstall.jpg

When I just put my new seats in, had harnesses, looked cool, pain to live with so they had to go

harnesses.jpg

Third install,
(really my 4th but I dont have pict of the third as it only lasted a fornight before I ripped it out)
pioneer headunit and 12 disc changer

profile 4 running in bridged mode to power Focal Utopia components, 150rms each
profile sub gensis amp installed running at 2ohms powering the dual voice coil JL W6 @ 550rms
JL Audio 6x9's running off a hidden Pheniox Gold Amp, running on a boot switch so they only worked when the boot was open
DVD player under the seat, screen in dash, screen in rear
1.5 powercap
IOSOX power splitter
thirdinstall.jpg

Briefly had some Ikons on the car too, about 6 weeks, this is the only picture I have of them, at Donny 2003 :lol: (thats me mooning)

P4120068.jpg

lots more history to this car, I'll have to keep adding to this thread when I find old pictures etc

Steve have you ever thought of painting the sides of your bonnet in the same style as nismo/whitey's GTi? I think that would look quite neat!

Corbs said:
Steve have you ever thought of painting the sides of your bonnet in the same style as nismo/whitey's GTi? I think that would look quite neat!

when the group buy for the bonnets was on I wanted one to do that to, but I didnt bother getting one in the end, then when I got this one most peeps had already done that so Ive just kept it carbon

thanks for the comments peeps, Im going to update this thread when I get a minute with better pics

Yes Steve's bonnet is a proper CF bonnet. This car is the cleanest Almera I know of, and very tastefully modded by Steve. Well done mate.

Mick

its a nissan thing, the way they use to register them all at once I think, a lot of the s plate same colour as mine have very simliar plates, either the cbb on the end, or the ccb, and the numbers tent to all start with 5+, Ive seen one that was only one number out from mine

iv seen the one before mine aswell, was on ebay and as i scrolled down i just caught the picture of the plate and for a split second my heart sank and i thought it was the same plate as mine and my car was dodgy! was a 5 door si in the same colour as mine

NaylorGTI said:
the first time it had been for some bodywork treatment, Izuz Trooper bonnet vent, that I didnt keep very long, rest of the bodymods I got done I still have now.
Got my 18" technomagnesiums on then, the new interior and retrimmed, dual exit exhaust(the first one that powerflow in newcastle had done)

ventedfront.jpg
Did that bonnet end up on PEA_GTIs GTi?

NaylorGTI said:
not quite, it was swapped by me to mick as I didnt like it, and then mick sold the car to pea :p :lol:

I know that you git, thats what I meant. Stop being pedantic lol

Mick

Back
Top Bottom