New car :)

I was actually at the Planto the ohter night and one of my mates from Uni works there. He mentioned that the staff have a rather interesting security video of someone passed out while I finished eating my lunch

When I am in Sydney, I might offer to buy the 3rd round cause my money will be safe. Will definitely let you know when I am coming down.

Twin HKS GT-RS turbos on the V8 ute for a respectable 423kw@rear wheels on 10psi :) Have got up to 13psi available to me but no need for that much power... yet.

My kit car, now known as the SCR800 is actually in a shipping container headed to Europe, as I have obligations over there for which the SCR is required. Would be good to meet up with a few members once I arrive :)

I am also fitting a VQ35DE Maxima motor into an N14 Pulsar at the moment, with a RS5F50V gearbox and it is actually an easy conversion once the engine mounts and the wiring harness is sorted out.

Had a professional photoshoot done as I wanted a few pictures for my garage wall :) Here is some of my favourite pictures:

IMG_7794_a.jpg

Nice blending of two pictures

IMG_7679.jpg

Torpedo in the back ground is quite fitting :)

IMG_7724.jpg

Nice overcast picture

IMG_7712.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

oh man, that's beautiful. Ever since I saw one of those in NZ in 2004 - new for approx £11k - my dream has been to buy one in Oz, drive round the country for 6 months, somehow get it shipped over to Malaysia and head for home through China, Russia etc - and then when I get home, sell it for what I paid for it despite putting 20,000ish miles on it. Assuming I could bear to be parted from it of course...

17042009005.jpg

Old guy ran up the back of my ute while it was parked outside my house about 2 years ago.
Collected the $60k worth of insurance money

However, I am currently driving this...

2010-06143927.jpg

VQ35 big block N14 Pulsar... Kelford C Spec cams(over 290 degrees of duration and 11mm of lift) with 13.2 compression, oversize valves, dual valve springs, twin plate puck clutch and a USA sourced 6 speed manual HLSD equipped 6 speed manual gearbox.
Currently has over 500Hp@flywheel on E85 fuel.

2010-12-03144644.jpg

Yeah, it IS a tight fit in the N14 engine bay... however, I know it fits the N15 engine bay too ;)

2011-03-19_120104.jpg

Twin SR20DE N14 throttle bodies on a modified Maxima VQ35 manifold

18112008216a.jpg

5 stud wheel conversion on front and back, with Nissan Murano 18" wheels and 350Z Track 12.6" front rotors and calipers to suit.

2010-12-11120605.jpg

Yeah, the engine sits low in the engine bay. Sump is 4.5 inches off the ground haha

Before you all claim the big heavy V6 in the front will ruin the handling... the VQ35 weighs as much as an SR20DET, yet the VQ35 has more weight behind the front axle line so if anything, it handles BETTER than an SR20 equipped FWD.

That's a monster! Nice project, well done. I've seen a similar set up in a US B15.

-mobile phone post-

That is actually amazing!

Thanks :) As you can imagine... a LOT of work has gone into this car. I actually bought another N14 shopping trolley spec shell originally to trial the conversion with a VQ35DE and 5 speed RS5F50 5 speed gearbox before I did my N14 SSS. The chassis cutout where the gearbox sits means the 6 speed gearbox fits like a glove. VQ35 and 6 speed is 35" long, the distance between the chassis rails is 34" but has an extra 2" from the chassis cutout. I thank the Nissan engineer who put that cutout into the cars design every morning lol

That's a monster! Nice project, well done. I've seen a similar set up in a US B15.

Yeah, the numerous US B15 Sentras and the one US B14 I saw were inspiration to me even contemplating the conversion. Everyone thought the BMC would foul on the engine, I had to shave one bracket off the timing cover and it fits with about an inch to spare in every direction lol

what about the 2.2 VE'd N14, any links to the project details?

SR22VE motor kept bending conrods, mainly due to rpm. US$2200 worth of featherweight Carillo rods were the last set and I basically gave up. The VQ35 has more power, more torque and seriously, is just more fun to drive since it does not need 5500+rpm to get it moving

Yeah, that pretty much sums up the reaction everywhere the bonnet is popped. Car looks basically stock outside, only some subtle 3.5L badges where the original 2.0L(and previous 2.2L) badges were to give the game away ;)
Cosworth prepped 09 STi, 458 Italia and a tuned 335i have all been recent victims.

thats pretty cool mate. LOVE IT

you going to fabricate a sump guard? i would be shitting myself everywhere i go!

orrrrrrrrrrrr ...... DRY SUMP haha

Steve

thats pretty cool mate. LOVE IT

you going to fabricate a sump guard? i would be shitting myself everywhere i go!

orrrrrrrrrrrr ...... DRY SUMP haha

Steve

Surprisingly, I have had no issues with the sump hitting anything yet. The front suspension is quite stiff on the bound(compression) rate as the front brakes are capable of hitting the bumper on the ground without the current stiff bound setting. Just have to be careful of holes in the road and rocks when it does go offroad(parents in law live in the bush along a 10 mile long dirt track through rainforest lol)

I considered making something up but for the minimal amount of driving it does I saw no reason to, yet if it ever does get bashed in and the motor gets rod knock... I guess that might just inspire me to see how much room is above the gearbox for a GT42R turbo.

Back
Top Bottom