New pics of my GTI

Hey folks, I've had it for about 5 months now. Was totally standard when I got it apart from the 17" alloys that were on it.

So far I have:-

Got 15"....yes 15" alloys for it - I know I'm gonna get slated for these, but I think it looks good and the ride is really good, plus I got em cheap so can't complain.

New discs and pads all round

Lowered on Pi Springs

New rear KYB Shocks

Resonated De-cat

New standard manifold....if only i knew how cheap the SSA ones when i bought it.

New wheel studs for the rear wheels

Piper X air filter (cheers Rowdy)

New MAF sensor (cheers Rick)

New Kenwood Head unit

New rear hub (Expensive!!)

New rear Caliper

Ph2 rear lights

Punto arm and wiper mod

New N/S driveshaft

Bit's I've got to fit
, but I'm waiting to do it all at once so its more of an impact

Ph2 headlights curently being GTI'd up

Ph2 front grill (thanks again rowdy)

Another Ph2 grill I'm butchering

R34 Side repeaters

Parrot CK3100 bluetooth handsfree kit

Ph 2 indicators inc Suteki indicator vent (Finished see the post a couple down) I've also GTI'd the drivers side one.

Other things i want to do

Ph2 front fogs

Fix the wee bits of rust here n there

Get the old 17" wheels refurbed and chrome black powder coated.

Get loads of shit powder coated the same as the wheels(my mate does this)

The splitter is cracked in 4 places, although its not too bad, so I'm going to attempt a repair - Been doing this forever it seems, but I'm nearly there

Fancy a flywheel and manifold, but won't be for a while as I'm a bit skint

Get some decent tyres

P11 GT ECU

Another alarm keyfob...just in case

uprate the speakers

Fix the small craks in the bumpers and kit (hard to notice tbh but I know they are there)

maybe some better seats, not sure if its just that my arse is too big for the seat but i find them really uncomfy after about an hour or so.

Indiglo dials.

Must say I am loving the car....if i'm honest wasn't too keen on it to start off with, its our only car and we have 2 kids, but I'm used to telling the passenger to get out and let the folk out the back. Been keeping it clean with the meguirs stuff as reccommended by most you guys and the results are good. only thing letting it down for me atm is the tyres, cheap ones i got with the wheels, I've got my mate on the prowl for some good tyres, fancy the toyo's.

Anyway, I've rabbited on for ages....bring on the pics.

DSCF0131-1.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

IMG_7138.jpg

Above pic courtesy of blackredtribal Photography ;)

DSCF0125.jpg

And my other mode of transport, which I'm modding too :D

DSCF0119.jpg

Looks beautiful mate, you should be able to patch the splitter up yourself!
Dont know why you would get slated for 15" wheels, personally I wouldnt go anything more than 16", I think 15's suit it just fine!
I'll send you a pm as well ;)

Looks really good mate, im glad you've learned to love it!

Don't worry about 15" wheels lol i'd have nothing more, cheaper tyres and they dont effect accelaration, what could be better.

Car looks really tidy and stuff, ho are you finding the KYB shocks? im after some myself one day.

I like your car man, and the plans you have for it, anymore in the way of engine mods? or does that not concern you much.

Cheers, lads, the KYB's seem good, I just got them on the back, no complaints, they weren't even that dear, I think it was 50 quid for both +vat from buy parts by, the front ones are a bit more expensive, but I'll be doing them just shortly I think. I did notice the NX ones were much more expensive

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/shock-absorbers-nissan.php

I do fancy doing some more engine mods, but they all cost the most :) First thing will deffo be a SSA manifold and then the rest of the exahust...There's a place nearby called Meercat (not sure anyones heard of them) that does good things custom exhaust wise. But as usual they are expensive. Was quoted 110 for the back box and 150 for the centre section with a silencer on it (want it quiet).

Got holidays n stuff to pay for just now, and christmas was expensive as always, but I'll be keeping it for a while, so want to get all the wee bits tidied up first if I can. Then save up and go from there.

Oh and I forgot, I'll be changing the gearbox oil and changing the coolant soon too...... :)

wee update on whats happening with this my car just now.

I've finished my suteki indicator and I'm well chuffed with it.

DSC00102.jpg

I'm currently spraying the inside of my ph2 headlights black.

I got my Parrot CK3100 bluetooth handsfree fitted and its the biz, will get some pics up of it later.

I've hacked up a ph2 grill I had lying about and I'm doing a kind of open mouthed design. I'm just taking out the squares bit and meshing the rest. Not sure whether to do it satin black to match some of the other things I have planned. The satin black looks good.

I've been colour coding the door handles that Andrew Smith sent me. Just messing around, but atm I've sprayed the bit you lift red, and I'll do the other bit satin black and see what it looks like.

I'm also trying to get a set of these bump strips off a Micra to see how it looks to break up the side a wee bit, and smooth them and spray em black

e64a_12.jpg

This weekend weather permitting I'm hoping to get my Ph2 headlights on, my Suteki indicator, Rowdy's old P2 grill, my r34 clear side indicators, and my new foglight fitted.

well done mate, your car looks nice and the suteki indicator you made looks like a really good attempt!

i'm not too found of the micra rub strips though.. i dont think they'd suit it, but each to their own!
get some pics up soon!

car's looking good, your suteki indicator looks really good, (never got round to trying to make one yet)

iv seen on a golf the handles colour coded and a black part, looked nice, i wil try to find the piccie for ya ( wasent the whole of the lift up part)

cool cheers Andrew

I know what you mean about the rub strips dub, i'm trying to get them cheap from a scrappie to see what it looks like. I think it might look allright, but i'll tape them on initally to see how it looks, i might only put the rear bits on, just thinking on something different. I think I need something to break up the colour

A friend of mine is brilliant with polishing stuff and powdercoating so I'm going to give him my front stut bar and see what its like polished up.

Trying to get this stuff done b4 fast and modified.

Looking clean mate!! Pretty big list of thing's you've done to it since you've got it :thumbs: Personally not a fan of the wheels in that size but each to their own :) The 8th picture is the best though :D

Well, been busy trying to do stuff for fast and modified. General tidying up.

My splitter got fucked off a rock, don't ask, been filling, sanding, filling sanding, fibreglassing, sanding then filling again. Oh and I had to Sikaflex a lot of it back on.

not had much time to try that with the handles :( Been doing my headlights

DSC00105.jpg

got one done so far, I wanted something a bit more aggressive than the GTI lights, I think it will look good once its on, I'm hoping my other grill I'm working on in black will make it look better.

I had a much bigger post to do last night but my camera gave up so couldn't upload the rest of the pics.

Yeah I know its not how the GTI lights look, I wanted something a bit different for the lights, I've got a red ph2 grill to go on for F&M show, but I'm working on a ph2 grill with the honeycomb bit removed and I'm going to mesh it with the same matt black used on the headlights and indicators. I think it'll look different but not ott. Well that's the hope anyway.

If I can get the other headlight done before the weekend, I'll get the grill headlights, indicators, r34 clear side repeaters and my new foglight on in the one go. Much more of a difference, I've had a lot of these bits for ages :rolleyes:

I almost forgot I also have given the front Strut bar to a friend who polishes and powder coats wheels to see what he can do but he has been busy (see below). Hoping I'm going to get it back in time for this show

DSC00424.jpg

On top of this I'm trying to get my bike serviced and MOT'd. Busy weekend by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom