Nizmo's N15 - Pulsar VZ-R sr20 Power'd (Jamaica)

Thanks for the info lads, you've saved me a lot of grief with the dremel. Just wish it would stop raining.

Sorry to mess up your thread NiZmo.

Thanks for the info lads, you've saved me a lot of grief with the dremel. Just wish it would stop raining.

Sorry to mess up your thread NiZmo.

What u mean mess up? We are all here to learn.

Hope your header is one of the later SSAC ones and that it has the larger ports.

Peace

maybe so but not a worked VE, its been proven in the states that VE's like 2.5" or even 3" if you have N1 cams, N1 inlet and body etc

Yeah but a crush bent 3.0" is only as good as a 2.5" mandrell, so all depends on the quality of the build.....then you have to think of the noise.

A Fujitsubo VE header makes 8whp more than a 2.5" SSAC even though it has smaller piping throughout.

Pipe diameter means nothing without quality of build.

yeh very true fella, but they all tend to use the VRS tubing dont they, isnt that mandrell? ive got the 2.5" SSAC, 2.5" GTiR mongoose decat and shes booked in at AAS for a 2.5" mandrell cat back on the 7th august, cant wait :D

Project stalled due to delay in getting clutch. Never heard this before, but Fidanza told me they are waiting on material to get build pressure plate (springs). Say they don't use oem springs (as if I expected them to).

What I have now?
Header
Motor mounts
Rubbers for cross member

JWT pop charger in transit. (BTW the best ve JWT pop charger for the ve is the one that was made for the 1989 Maxima)

Also changed my distributor last night since i found a tiny leak/sweating of oil. Had a spare so wasn't a problem. Will re-seal the one I took off. And that was my FIRST MAJOR work on this car - I mean what I did MYSELF! Haha

Mounts, Header, Clutch will be installed today. Slight change - Fidanza had no materials for springs so took a refund and got an ACT 6 pad sprung centre and a heavy duty pressure plate. Still awaiting JWT filter.

bet you cant wait, i cant wait to see the outcome :D

Nah, not that I cant wait:lol:...

Actually I got the header and mounts about 2 weeks now but was waiting on the clutch. However, Tuesday evening I heard a really terrible knocking and found out the firewall motor mount is totally gone so I had no choice but to put in the new mounts. Well since I didn't want to make 2 trips to the mechanic, Ii just got another clutch and dropped off the car for the clutch and header to be installed today.

Should get filter by next week so maybe I can do a dyno run by next weekend

If I make any gains, it may be hard to tell what made the gains since I will be putting on at least 3 items that should improve performance:

1. Header (they claim 10-15% hp over stock - well that is over stock de header so may 5% over the ve)

2. Performance Clutch (? hp gain)

3. Pop Charger (claims 5% increase in hp. Maybe 3% since I had on a cone-shaped filter when I dyno)

All in all If I make 10hp more I will be satisfied.

Well header, prothane mounts & clutch installed. Car feels very good except for some vibration esp when ac is on. And I only put in the front and rear mounts. Need a nut to relocate the oxygen sensor. Will do that later.

Major issue is suspension though. Thought I had the strut that making noise fixed and narrowed down the noise to the mount - not so. Mount is now fixed and trust me it was really bad but the strut seem to be unrepairable. The guy who 'fixed' it said I should take it back. We will see.

Vibration is not much and more noticeable with ac on. I just used the front and rear mounts. Did not install the side ones

Need suspension so I think I will go with some Megan Racing coilovers. Cant afford the Tein SS which would be next best to the HA (tein no longer make these or have parts for them).

Your comments?

Back
Top Bottom