OBD I or OBD II?

Do the Almeras have OBD I or II ports? I believe they're referred to as consult ports? Where is it located? Anyone got any pics? I'm hoping to get an almera in the near future and am trying to gather as much info as possible about them.

Does anyone use anything like a 'scangauge' or 'kiwi' mpg gauge on their cars? If I get one I'd like to install a mpg gauge directly into the consult port but the ones I've looked at specify OBD II?

Does anyone use nissan software for fault finding/diagnosis? What would I need to do this.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!

Weclome :). Simcard is right, get us as much info as possible so we can answer your question acuratly. I see your profile says it's an N15 Ambition.

OBD I

Can't tell you if it's in the same place as the Gti though.

In my 4 years of almera ownership, i've never had the management light come on.

welcome to the forum. depending on what car it is

Almera N15 (1995>2000) inside/next to the fuse box (I think)
Almera N16 (2000>) opposite side of the fuse box near the pedals

It is in the same place as the GTi. I think you need a Nissan specific plug in thingy though, it's Consult not true OBD or something. Go on eBay and buy a lead. (For N15 that is)

Yeah, N16 doesn't have any special Consult features, it's just straight OBD-II IIRC. In my experience, the OBD on an N15 is FAR better than the N16.

On a slight side-note, can someone confirm which protocols the almera's use for their OBD?

(ISO9141/PWM/VPW)

i've tried having a look around on the net and the only definitive information i can find is for the american cars and they state that those variants use PWM, just wondering if someone more learned in these matters can confirm this

many thanks

Phil you have any idea what can be acessed through the OBD port on the N16 then? For example the ECU controls so much I would expect manifold pressure and boost pressure and possible oil temp and pressure to be there too? Which would be awesome.

Phil you have any idea what can be acessed through the OBD port on the N16 then? For example the ECU controls so much I would expect manifold pressure and boost pressure and possible oil temp and pressure to be there too? Which would be awesome.

ive got a blitz r-vit on the Scooby's OBDII and that displays; speed, tachometer, water temp, boost pressure, voltage, timing, injector pulse, intake air temperature, air flow, inlet manifold temperature, oxygen reading, throttle position, gear, 4WD% and some other stuff.

Only some of it works on mine, i.e. intake air temp doesnt work but i suppose what sensors your car has installed.

when I get time I will see what you can access. using my cable

Darren

In response to my own question, after purchasing my own cable i can confirm the following:

Nissan Almera N16 is OBD II, using the ISO 9141-2 Protocol, and any cable supporting 'EOBD' will work.

Will install the software onto a more permanent laptop over the weekend and get back to this thread with exactly what can be accessed etc, from the quick try i did earlier on today you can access at least the running RPM, a few readings which had O2 in the name, assuming for sensors, some manifold readings too. again, this was all done at a quick glance, shall duly update when i have more time

when I get time I will see what you can access. using my cable

here we go. I never had time to pick my cable up from my mates so I brought another cable cost me £21 quid on ebay (bargain)

Please note this cable does not work with Nissan Data Scan (OBD2)

this cable works with Scantool V1.13 (it does not work with the latest V1.15)

however it does work on other
ScanMaster ELM (Demo)
ProScan (Demo)
Scantool V1.13

here is what can be access on ScanTool
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

thats good to know if i buy a phase 1. looking at the end of the year before i can afford a new motor

thanks m8:thumb:

Hi Guys, I am a new member on the owners club, with a 2005 Tino 2.2 Diesel YD22 dci which I have had for two years and am very impressed with. I'm also amazed at the wealth of knowledge on the owners club site and hope that the members can enlighten me with an OBD query.
I have (or believe I have) an SCV problem and purchased an OBD port scanner to confirm the error code(s) that may have appeared, but find the Tino's OBD port is not the same connector as a standard OBDII on the scanner. I've attached a photo of the actual port on the TINO and wonder if any member knows if a converter connector or cable is available for it. Or, is the port I found under the steering wheel not the OBD port and there is another one somewhere. Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom