Paul D GTi's Mera

Mark_Gti said:
Good work mate!

Is that the viper induction kit you have?

Are you feeding your cold air pipe through the wheel arch?

Yes mate i took the resinator box out of the inner wing and fed the cold air feed down to the vent in the bottom of the bumper ;)

Paul D GTi said:
Yes mate i took the resinator box out of the inner wing and fed the cold air feed down to the vent in the bottom of the bumper ;)

I couldn't find anyone who sells the viper for the almera gti so i got the normal pipercross one. Where did you get yours from?

How easy is it to take the resinator out? (i dont have a clue what a resinator is :confused: )

The vipers arent that good anyway. The best induction kits are inclosed ones (cda) i think ask Dbull.

P2 GTI said:
The vipers arent that good anyway. The best induction kits are inclosed ones (cda) i think ask Dbull.

I have asked about them ones before but no one gave me a definate answer on what size one will fit.

Updated Pics

Here's a pic of my engine bay at the min and a pic showing that a hotshot gen 6 header fits with aircon :D

I know its not clean but haven't had a chance yet :roll:

picture00003.jpg

picture00004.jpg

It took me 8 hours to do the full install from taking the de out and getting the ve in. that includes wiring the greddy mss up and driving the car away :D

The hardest part is the wiring i guess ontop of that to get it running properly i would guess at taking 5 hours if my next plan works. I'l let everyone know how easy it is to do the swap once i've tried this last thing

Its sssssssssooooooooooooo sssssssssssooooooooo easy ha ha ha ha ha :woohoo:

thats exactly what i want to do with my almera in a few years time, like your car alot.

if you dont mind me asking what effect has it made on your insurance? is it massively different now or do the insurers not have a clue what a VE is? would like to do the conversion in a few years but would like to know what the insurance are like about it

haven't told the insurance yet and if they ask i've changed the rocker cover or stuck a badge on ;)

I can't see it going any higher with it still being a 2.0 and its not like they are going to be able to tell cos its not obvious like a turbo. They would have to strip the engine to find out

Cheers Al will let you know how things go but that exhaust i got off ya is wwaaayyyyy tooo loud lol :eek:

been doing a little painting here's before....

picture044.jpg

and here's after.........

picture049.jpg

And here's under the rocker cover, its totally different like...

picture045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom