Project Sleeper

so today my new project began. i got the hold of stewarty04's old gti, previously sims.

things that i need to do before changing the engine over include getting hold of the below items and building it back up again

1. rocker cover
2. air box
3. fpr
4. radiator
5. cams
6. cam gears
7. refit starter motor
8. check ecu (dastek was cut out and some wires are left loose)
9. engine oil
10. coolant
11. battery
12. ssa manifold
13. check, check, check.... and check everything again
14. fire it up and hope that it works!

then and only then can i swap it over in to the gx :D

im looking forward to this!

good stuff mate, should be a good engine that, made good figures in syms car :)

yea, in the region of 180bhp to 190bhp was it? there's 74k on it now with a service history right up to 70111, it had aftermarket cams, dastek and nismo fpr which stewart has now sold, THINK he might have the dastek still, dunno what he is doing with it if he does, might see if he is willing to sell lol but ill be bunging oem parts back into it for the mean time just to make sure everything is sweet, then i might start upgrading when the funds come back lol

parts that i have handy to me are -

1. rocker cover
2. air box
3. radiator
4. manifold

cams, gears and reg im getting off kristian

cant do alot this week but ive been spraying the bolts with 3 in1 penetrating oil so theyll be nice and easy to get off.... or so i hope

cleaned the spark plugs today, were a bit of a cunt to get out, tight and very 'gritty' when turning them, if you know what i mean

a quick blast with the carb cleaner and weyhey, cleaner and went back in easier too

trying to reply drunk i said thanks, i have a blue vzr rocker cover here €50 takes it to you mate should of brought all the stuff to the rr day but spun up with david instead, have a vzr fpr too make an offer

cheers, me and datsun9292 aka robert, will be doing the lot from start to finish so we will be glad of any input and advice that we can get

that leads me onto my first question.... how the hell to i get the starter motor back in? its lying out of the hole but not out of the car completely

is it a case of slot it back in and bolt it up?

Yep mate, slot it into position.. And hold it from above the engine bay, put one of the bolts in and slightly rotate the motor until you find the hole..
Joe

Wrap a piece of string around the solenoid, pull it into position & tie it `round the A/C pipes, then put the bolts in (bottom one 1st) ;)

Back
Top Bottom