Project Sleeper

sounds like a timing issue alright, redo it when the engine is out on the ground you will have far more space to work with, make sure your leads plugs and dizzy are ok too.

ust be a timing issue, iacv would lead to rough idle but its obviously not firing on all cylinders,

actually i think i know, did you do the timing with #1 at tdc. if so was it on the compression stroke or the exhaust stroke mabye this is the problem, instead of pushing exhaust gasses out on the upstroke its compressing them and the valve is open as the spark ignites causing the explosion to fly out the exh valve. and it wont be getting enough air fuel mixture either

i carnt see the video but iv had an issue where it my car would just idle then drop and drop and drop and die.. also would die if you came to a junction and it would just cut out.. i changed the IAC valve its the purple and brown plugged unit on the front of the manifold and adjusted the TP sensor and it sorted it..

is this what im after

IACV.jpg

yeah thats what i changed.. but like i say i havent seen the video if its missing and coughing WOT with everything plugged in then it would be timing..

id still be inclined to change it to be honest, need to get hold of one asap, ive this and a conversion to do within less than 3 weeks

with having a kid, a gf and a full time job it aint gonna be plain sailing.

Back
Top Bottom