Project Sleeper

Good lad chris you started already lol. If you need a hand or need anything gimme a shout. The dastek i might keep but ill let you know. You still wanting the Koyo Rad?? As said before you can square me up for it when you like. ;)

yea ill take the rad off ya hands, ill give you money at the end of the month for both car and rad. hate oweing people money.... apart from the rents lol

ill need to check the ecu wiring against someone elses as some of the wires have been cut and i would like to know if they will need to remain so or will have to be connected again.

quick update, the starter motor will be going back in tonight and will be wired up again, one thing off the list, much more to get done though, pics to follow

So after about 3 hours later and making it back from b&q with 120mm m10 bolts, a packet of m10 spring washers and a packet of m10 flats we got the starter back in. Within the 3 hours we tried soldering the 2 negative wires back together.... But failed miserably LOL. Spade connectors tomorrow and job done! Pics to follow

hopefully kristian will be over at the weekend. Might just bite the bullet and pick them up means I got the parts for Monday and can crack on during the week

so i finally got my finger out and got some pic sorted out, nothing exciting but hey, its a build log

the car as it stands at the minute

dsc03028fow.jpg

rob giving the undercarriage an inspection

dsc03029o.jpg

broken connector, going to get spade connectors for this and heat shrink it

dsc03030c.jpg

dsc03031h.jpg

dsc03032n.jpg

dsc03033c.jpg

dsc03034s.jpg

old bolt in the hole for the starter motor

dsc03035a.jpg

new m10 bolt cut to length (was 120mm long, cut about 25mm off it) with m10 spring washer and m10 flat washer, spring washers are used to keep tension on the bolt to prevent it becoming loose

dsc03039.jpg

starter motor back in place

dsc03041i.jpg

all i have to do now is get spade connectors and join the solenoid earth back together, the positive side is connected on to the other stud with the nut

got the cams in last night, need to torque up the end bolts, still a fair bit left to do

need to remove the TB to get at the fpr and get it changed over, might do it tonight aswell as check the ecu and reft the rocker cover

will get some pics up later on

blue = got
green = need/need to do
pink = done

1. rocker cover
2. air box
3. fpr
4. radiator
5. cams
6. cam gears
7. refit starter motor
8. check ecu (dastek was cut out and some wires are left loose)
9. engine oil
10. coolant
11. battery
12. ssa manifold
13. check, check, check.... and check everything again
14. fire it up and hope that it works!

just for future reference for the inlet bearing caps, the order that they go it, just incase you whip them off in any old order

dsc03060ipj.jpg

and the same for the exhaust

dsc03062o.jpg

inlet cam in place

dsc03065b.jpg

inlet and exhaust cams in place

dsc03067q.jpg

sprockets in place along with chain

dsc03069w.jpg

another shot of sprockets

dsc03070y.jpg

exhaust sprocket indication markings and links

dsc03071m.jpg

inlet sprocket indication mark and links

dsc03072l.jpg

overview, bearing caps waiting to be torqued up

dsc03073rud.jpg

standard autech 4-2-1 in place temporarily

dsc03074p.jpg

UPDATE 02-08-09

ok so after my 1.4 fiasco ive decided to make some progress on the SR20 conversion. im going away camping in just under 3 weeks. so yes you got it! 3 week engine conversion.... can it be done, lets see! if it cant, well, ill be stuck in the girlfriends clio :(

this project has taken over my life at the minute.

im in the process of removing the loom and stripping out the engine to get at the timing chain properly this time and make sure for defnite that its gonna work when i fire it up again

im being unrealistic here but wish me luck

UPDATE 02-08-09

ok so after my 1.4 fiasco ive decided to make some progress on the SR20 conversion. im going away camping in just under 3 weeks. so yes you got it! 3 week engine conversion.... can it be done, lets see! if it cant, well, ill be stuck in the girlfriends clio :(

this project has taken over my life at the minute.

im in the process of removing the loom and stripping out the engine to get at the timing chain properly this time and make sure for defnite that its gonna work when i fire it up again

im being unrealistic here but wish me luck

should be no problem to do in a full day, do the timing to manufacturers spec when the engine is out on the ground, unplug the ecu and feed the whole loom out into the engine bay, just dont start cutting it whatever you do

Have you resolved the dodgy running issue yet??
And if not.. I wouldn't be putting the engine in your car just yet. Waste of time IMO.
And here's a tip, don't disconnect the engine loom from the engine.. Thats pointless, just unplug the ECU and feed the wires through the bulkhead, unplug the 3 connectors behind the left headlight and take the engine out complete with the loom, saves you fucking around..
Joe

Have you resolved the dodgy running issue yet??
And if not.. I wouldn't be putting the engine in your car just yet. Waste of time IMO.
And here's a tip, don't disconnect the engine loom from the engine.. Thats pointless, just unplug the ECU and feed the wires through the bulkhead, unplug the 3 connectors behind the left headlight and take the engine out complete with the loom, saves you fucking around..
Joe

no mate, it has to be the timing so while the engine is out ill look at the chain and the sprockets, remove the side cover, haynes gives it 3 spanners so how hard can it be lol

the 1.4 is fucked anyway, gear box has shit itself, gonna cost me 150 for a 2nd had box

cant justify spendin that kinda money on the GA when i can spend it on the SR

thanks for the tip

concure with shaggy keep the wiring loom on the engine so much easyer.. also you can do it easy in 3 weeks i did my GA to VE in 3days.. 3 weeks you should piss it in :D

Back
Top Bottom