R.I.P

Paul; Yeah I liked it... I posted in the traders section of the forum for anybody who wants parts (link below) They're 17" OZ with new 205/45r17 Dunlops on them but he hit the front passenger side one and the drivers side had a big impact against the 3" high kerb so I wouldn't say they're in great shape. I have those four plus a cracked one at home so if your still interested post in the thread below...

http://www.almeraownersclub.net/showthread.php?t=22891

Cheers chris

well

well, ok thanks, a bit too big for wat i need was lookin more for 15 or even 16", thanks anyway, good luck on gettin it all sorted lad :)

Yeah, don't use it that often though. You'll find me if you search for me, Colin Harney (no relation!), but I can't go promising that I'll reply as I'm never on it...

:eek: :eek: Totally gutted for you mate. :(

If that had been mine, I`d either have gone totally mental, or just broke down in tears, as my car is my life. (I know, I`m sad)

I`ll admit that I went a bit loopy when some twat kicked my rear bumper as I drove past, leaving it hanging off, :mad: & that was very minor damage, but seeing this is just gut wrenchingly heart breaking. :(

Hope you get everything sorted quickly.

F*ck :eek: really sorry to see this mate, it was a smart looking ride :(

You planning on replacing with another Almera??

dude, that sucks big time. i've been twonked by an suv in a car park before, but it wasn't quite so bad as that!! gutted for you.

Thanks Almera_Guy. Yer man was gone to the hospital by the time I got there, I would have struggled to restrain myself!

Cheers chris & Edk; I've had a quick brouse online and there's all sorts tempting me, few VZR's etc, but it really depends on how much I get for it...

unlucky man, where abouts did it happen, at the start i thought it was nutgrove shopping centre but maybe not..

if he turns out to be uninsured and you have to go through mibi, it will take a long long time to get the money out of them.. friend of mine was hit by a stolen car and it took nearly a year and a half for his case to be heard, he got the money out of it though, but i'm not sure how much..

it really is unlucky but at least no one was hurt.. as for your next car, i'd strongly recommend a VZR, great poke and very reliable..

good luck with it tomorrow man, hope it goes well for you.

well another sugestion if his insurance turns out bollocks you could always take the bloke to court sue him for damages (ie cost of vehicle) , emotional distress (blag this one "ever since the event of this hapening to my car it has caused me to have repeated anxiety attacks") , and you could claim loss of earnings due to loseing your primary transport and havin to pay for alternateive transportation.

just call me mr scaming bastard lol

if none of that sorts it just resort to mindless violence on the bloke .

sorry bout ya motor mate

:eek: Fook man. Only saw the pics there (was browsing on mobile yesterday) Was that outside where TGI's in blanch? Thats some smash! Hate to think what would happen if your car wasnt there! Man, Im gutted for you :(

I know a few people who got money from them within 6 months. Once you go through the Guards, they will sort things out a lot faster for you.

EDIT: Just saw your rear lights there. What style are they and are they still in good nick?

Fook, bad luck! If that was me id be livid... Spose you cant really help passing out at the wheel now matter who you are though.
Lets hope it somehow finds its way back on the road rather than being sent to the scrappy in the sky.

Cheers Dub, it was in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre outside Elvery's sports etc. A VZR could definately be on the cards as there's a few on sale on carzone, plus on a good note, the only manual 1.8 N16 on sale is asking for €9k so hopefully I'll get closer to what the car is worth than I had origionally thought!!!

GTR; lol, I'll keep that as plan B for the moment...

Cheers sarah. Anto lights weren't touched but I had a problem with leaking so they're smothered in sealant I don't know how easy it'll be to get them out! If I can't I'll give you info on the company I got them from they weren't too expensive!

Oxide, my first impression is that its proper fooked, radiator is about 3" further back than it was, front axle is fooked at one end and completely off its origional line. Jeep ended up on the bonnet so the engine & box are not where they had been so....

Dude, that's just unfair!! All kinds off beat-up, mistreated cars drive around without ever getting into stuff like this, and someone that takes such good care of his ride gets gutted. I feel the pain man. I hope everything can get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom