Ricks BP0 GTI

It doesnt matter what power it made. The idle is fucking epic!

Tell me about one for the best cammed des ive heard. Had another person ask what was under bonnet told em they said they surprised as it sounds MEGA powerful. Must be 5th person now. These catcams are MAN IDLE. Love it

I stand corrected. You running same cams?

518s....second from top

Thought dyno jet over powered?? Not all cams may need dialing in each cam different. The tuner can do his best but as rick shows if they not right you mapping it to a wrobg running engine

Dynojets give a better comparison to U.S builds as they mainly use this type of dyno. We did a dyno meet at the HLM dynojet last year, most of the best builds turned up, so in my mind to compare to them you have to get a Dynojet fugure. Its the industry standard in my mind.

I do not believe any U.S. dyno. but do believe 1/4 mile terminal speeds.

Only in the U.S. do they manage to pull 400 WHP from a GT28RS on an SR20!

I agree. They meant to ise in usa due to higher figures greg and steve told me that too. Americans love big figures to show off we prefer true figures. My dads tsport on dyno jet also told most accurate if anythibg slightly under

best really to compare your own figures from a bench mark run to one with all your mods complete, of course at the same place. God i miss my ol tomei cams and step'd header

shame that the cat cams you lads have, need cam gears & mapping. what £450 - £500 on top of the cams themselves?

I agree. They meant to ise in usa due to higher figures greg and steve told me that too. Americans love big figures to show off we prefer true figures. My dads tsport on dyno jet also told most accurate if anythibg slightly under

Greg and Steve use dynodynamics which read massively low compared to other makes.

I`m talking about comparing this build to the likes of mine, dales, kurts and a few s3r powered engines. Its pointless people saying Ricks has a low figure, only because its being compared to other dyno runs which appear higher.

If Dbull were to get a dynojet run his power would be comparable to the U.S builds, and obvously would be much higher.

Doesn`t mean one is more accurate or not.

To.be fair this coukd go on forever (i dont mean that funny) as id say my car feels about right for my dyno result. Lad on npoc got 196 on shame machine for a ve which is about right. If mine massivly underpowered then i should be able to kill civic type rs but i dobt think my car really hass 180-190 bhp with xx lbs of torque

for me (crazy correction values aside) where a health standard engine makes known standard power, be it a dyno jet, dyno dynamics, mobile dyno at a car show, 2 wheelie bins connected by a piece of 2x4 in the ground or other - THAT dyno is accuracte END.

mov_mera's *or mate standard strong SR20DE almera with *15 igintion and k&n panel filter made 143bhp at HLM. IF it has over-read by any amount, it anit fcuking much dave.

my brothers corolla t -sport (with 22k at the time) made 188bhp at hi-tech *cat back and blitz panel filter - thats spot for me. joe's old old spec DE with header, cat back, wai, 17* ignition, 3.5bar fpr and kent cams made 155bhp @ hi-tech - over reading....... nah.

Rick's motor, will do him proud on the drag strip im sure.

for me (crazy correction values aside) where a health standard engine makes known standard power, be it a dyno jet, dyno dynamics, mobile dyno at a car show, 2 wheelie bins connected by a piece of 2x4 in the ground or other - THAT dyno is accuracte END.

mov_mera's *or mate standard strong SR20DE almera with *15 igintion and k&n panel filter made 143bhp at HLM. IF it has over-read by any amount, it anit fcuking much dave.

my brothers corolla t -sport (with 22k at the time) made 188bhp at hi-tech *cat back and blitz panel filter - thats spot for me. joe's old old spec DE with header, cat back, wai, 17* ignition, 3.5bar fpr and kent cams made 155bhp @ hi-tech - over reading....... nah.

Rick's motor, will do him proud on the drag strip im sure.
fair dos. But im also sure that ricks figure about right as the cams are well out it be huge driveable and on paper difference for sure when sorted

no its not a crossword.

so let me get this right, cam gears are now going to be used in Rick's engine to move up/down the power he has and not to gain bhp/lb-ft. . .

Well id say he gain power. As mine were so far out i had flat spots etc. Greg said how low of power it would been lower down etc. I think he'll gain

no its not a crossword.

so let me get this right, cam gears are now going to be used in Rick's engine to move up/down the power he has and not to gain bhp/lb-ft. . .

No. This is the antithesis as it were. The gears will not be used to move the power band, they will be used to correct the valve timing. At present the cams are opening at the wrong time and letting less air in than stock cams did. Hence making lesd power.

Has rick done a cylinder compression test?
Do we have a dyno graph with AFR`s

...and how do Ricks cams specs compare to Daves, plus surporting mods?

Absolutely no doubt tho is that if Rick sees the same results from gears as Dave's primera did, this car will be a flyer. It will be worth the dolla.

Back
Top Bottom