Ricks BP0 GTI

Great result :)

The cams should be ground spot on (well +- 10th of a degree but thats of no real relevance).

But, thats always assuming the data we are provided when we get the cylinder head samples is correct (we only recieve the head and what angle the cams are positioned at as std).

16 deg does seem to be a long long way off though. If anyone has accurate lift at TDC figures for the std setup then Ill double check with the data we have.

We always aim to get the timing exactly right, its not in our interest to have cars making less power than they should!!

they all ready know timing wrong ive told em

Just wondering after they posted that didn't seem like they knew there was an actual problem yet :)

-mobile phone post-

Its just a number though at the end of the day, if the car pulls better that's all that matters. Rowdy's made less power on the dyno after fitting 16ve pistons but still pulled better than it did before fitting.

Didn't Rowdys need pretty hefty adjustment as well before the power was freed up?

I don't think it's a problem with the grinds. It's pretty obvious that enormous cams like these are going to need a bit of additional work and naive to suggest otherwise.

Cam gears it is...then this wee beasty will flyyyyyyyy.

p.s. does this make S3R's a better drop in cam than these catcams?

Oh yeah always best to dial them with gears then map. No doubt that is the best way any time cams are fitted anyway.

-mobile phone post-

unlucky Rick, tbf the forcast was given from Dave

Didn't Rowdys need pretty hefty adjustment as well before the power was freed up?

I don't think it's a problem with the grinds. It's pretty obvious that enormous cams like these are going to need a bit of additional work and naive to suggest otherwise.

Cam gears it is...then this wee beasty will flyyyyyyyy.

p.s. does this make S3R's a better drop in cam than these catcams?

yes, but there is better. Give me a T....

david

yes, but there is better. Give me a T....

Give me a O

Give me a M

give me a BSTONE

undertaker-tombstone.jpg

Whats this about mine needing `hefty adjustment`?
No cam gears.
Not dialed in.
Just a good tuner.

To compare this set-up to the current/best builds on here you need a Dynojet figure.

Thought dyno jet over powered?? Not all cams may need dialing in each cam different. The tuner can do his best but as rick shows if they not right you mapping it to a wrobg running engine

Are all Nissan's factory cams different in the Gti? I didn't know this. I thought they would be absolutley bollock on the same, each and every one.

Back
Top Bottom