Rick's N16 Almera SXE - New Shoes!!

Accurate said:
Hey Rick

'Tis looking great - can't wait to see it lowered and with new alloys :)

Any news on the Chip yet?

I sent an email of to Dastek today, enquiring if the chip was ready yet, so i'll await there response.

Power Engineering can supply a remappable chip for about £440 inc. VAT and you can set it up yourself. They claim up to a 30% power increase.

I've also found that you can get the BMC enclosed filter for it, which is nice :D

yop i like it, the front ends not my thing, i like it to look fierce, but the interior looks ace, like the screen, is that a dvd player too?

the thing with the turbo is its more sensitive to tuning so more bhp with the mods so should be quick, as itll already have plenty of torque.

i think its motorsport world that do the bmc but you can get one.

shall be good to see the 18's on!

Now the latest pics with my 18's and lowered. The alloys are KEI Racing Force 10's in Hyper Black and lowered 35mm all round using Apex springs. I've also added a little stubby aerial to replace the standard 10 foot long one.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Comments welcome (good or bad)

looks nice, almost standard looking! could do with a little more lowering but you know, what you got is what you have

The springs have only been fitted for 2 days, so have still to settle.

The only way to lower it further is by using coilovers, and i simply don't have the cash to get them yet. But they are on the wanted list. :D

how about spraying the mesh a dark silver - it would fit with the chrome accents on the body.

Looks cool with the new wheels on. Notice any difference in performance?

P2 GTI said:
Looks cool with the new wheels on. Notice any difference in performance?

Not really mate, there probably is a performance drop, but it won't be that noticable.

Rick said:
Not really mate, there probably is a performance drop, but it won't be that noticable.

with all the torque diesel engines have it probably won't be to noticable id assume. the question is , how much did the standard items weigh and did you reduce the overall diametre (if i remember rightly, you did?)

Don't know how much the standards weighed, and i'll find out about the rolling radius. I think i may have increased in slightly, as that was the closest % to standard.

Rick said:
Don't know how much the standards weighed, and i'll find out about the rolling radius. I think i may have increased in slightly, as that was the closest % to standard.

thats it , i just checked and yes you did increase it slightly because you chose 40 over 35 profile. oh well - they look good.

TBH mate, when i get around to getting it rolling roaded, it'll be on the standard wheels, like wise if i ever do the 1/4 mile.

Some updated pics of the Mera with her new shoes!! Not really new but they've been repainted in anthracite (sp). (These wheels aren't available in anthracite BTW)

looking good mate, did you ever get it on a rolling road? im gonna get mine on in next couple of weeks couple more mods to do hoping for about 150 :rolleyes: hopefully probs will be more like 100 lol

Back
Top Bottom