Rob's Silver Autech Pulsar

Standard output is about 175HP at engine.

11.5:1 compression, sodium filled valves, tubular headers, cams, re-tune... there's no *actual* stats on them... but thats as much as what we can gather...

Sodium filled valves and with it being a highport I would say its probably more like the Primera eZX ( Early eGT ) head.. with other goodies..

Cheers for the PM Rob..

Im more of a Turbo man than NA ( Lift etc.. ).. but very impressive..

Thanks for all your comments everyone!

The spoiler isn't to everyone's taste. Does seem a bit big when you see it in the pics but I think it goes well with the rest of the kit and when you see it in the flesh it does suit the car. I must admit I wasn't too sure about it at first and thats why I went for the N1 spoiler on my old GTi rather than the early Autech one.
Don't forget it is functional and does hold the back end down!! You can fly round roundabouts and you really feel the back end being held in place. :evil:

The main thing about the Autech is the way it drives!!!

The suspension is a LOT harder than GTi suspension and the chassis feels a lot stiffer and lighter. (Could be cos it doesn't have a sunroof?) Out of corners the box feels really tight, the gearing seems closer and the LSD really helps to get the power down. Approx 150bhp at the wheels of it!

The engine revs up much quicker than the Gti and screams all the way to 8500rpm! It always puts a smile on my face to see the shocked look on Golf Gti owners faces when I accelerate away from them!

Nice looking wheels, must agree tho' don't think the 'fog lights' suit these cars..really throws the symmetry off..they belong on the sabaru's

Very nice car and Cillit Bang clean too!
Did the car get delivered that clean or did you put a lot of elbow grease into the engine bay?

At JAE it was basically how I bought it, hadn't even polished it since picking it up.
Engine bay was just clean cos it's not done many miles.
Given it a right good clean up and polish now, should stay that way too cos i'm gonna be running it as a second car.

Benskett - Got the HT leads with the car. Not sure what make they are, they just say "Made in Japan 8mm" on them.
Car won't go faster than 120mph. Not sure if it's restricted, geared a lot lower or it's the drag from the spoiler. Definately revs over 8k. :lol:

You could be right - Speedo read 120 but at that speed can't see it being that accurate especially as it's running a km/h to mp/h converter.

had 141 on the clock of my gti and 135 on my satnav...you autech boys need to man up...(private track obviously)

145mph with 1500rpm left to go, but I was pooing myself, so let off :O

Parada's are rated to 170mph lol - I reckon 155mph could be done If I had the balls and more power :lol:

Interesting if it does go over 8k, mine goes to just about 8k. Limiter is 7500 though. Maybe yours has had the limit raised. I know what you mean about the chassis feeling tight, you can really hammer the thing around and the backend jumps about but it feels like you're in control all the time as the LSD pulls the thing into line. 3rd and 4th seem pretty potent. Never driven as standard GTi to compare mine to though

Got 130 out of it, don't think it'll go any quicker than that. Mind you there's a lot of drag on the rear spoiler on these Autech's but it does seem to keep the back end in check.
Will definately rev over 8k although I don't make a habit of revving it that hard. Has been de-catted and has HKS on now. Seems slightly more pokey with the HKS and a lot louder! :D
Alan your right about the LSD you can throw it into a roundabout and it just seems to correct itself. Doesn't understeer like the Almera GTI.

It will go more than that - I've hit 145 in mine with maybe a little bit more to go.

Change the exhaust system chap, you'll notice a nice difference from a better header and downpipe - the so called "Autech exhaust system" is nothing more than a Sunny GTi one :roll:

Autech header you mean, not the whole exhaust system. I dont see wat you have against the standard manifold other than it doesnt carry a brand name like Autech, its better than a standard SR20DE header.

Back
Top Bottom