Rob's Silver Autech Pulsar

I fitted the Nismo shocks today to the Pulsar. It's lowered it about 30mm i'd say, well low enough for me not to be able to get it in the garage anymore with the front bumper on! I've got to make some ramps to stop it catching. At the moment these are work in progress shots you can see the Lucino lights I fitted and the Pulsar VZ-R front lights as well as the Pulsar VZ-R grille which I think looks better than the 2 Slat one. I've got the Black indicators but I took them off for now to get the bumper off it!
Next step is get the cracks in the front bumper fixed at the bodyshop as well as getting a few little marks touched up. Gonna get it back to it's former glory for JAE!
012.jpg
013.jpg

Standard KYB front shocker still on the Pulsar and one of the KYB's alongside the Nismo shocks on my garage floor.
014.jpg
015.jpg

Fronts are fitted now on to the back shocks.
016.jpg
017.jpg

Nismo shock alongside a standard Autech rear shock both made by KYB. Nismo shock fitted.
018.jpg
019.jpg

Dampening adjuster on the car for the rear shock and pic of the back end looking a little lower.
020.jpg
021.jpg

Looks quite a bit lower on the back end but not so low that it's gonna catch every speed bump. Car is now rock hard and it handles loads better! I think the Lucino lights really give the back end a new lease of life and really bring the car back up to date. Works really well with the Silver too.
022.jpg
023.jpg

Looks a bit sorry for itself without the front bumper on but you can see the VZ-R headlights and grille and the Skyline seats that i've fitted. I'm gonna strip the A/C off it next while the bumper's off. I'll put some new pics on when it's been fully re-assembled.

awesome, those shocks second hand?

get some underseal on that bad boy
Yeah they were second hand apparently they used to be £1,200 to buy from Nismo shipped to the UK. I was going to underseal it but i've never had it on the road yet in winter. It only comes out to play when the roads are salt free!!:cool:

Yeah I reckon they aren't a lot different to the AGX although they are stamped NISMO on the shock itself alongside KYB. I reckon they are pretty much the same but probably have slightly different settings.

Right I got my car back from the bodyshop today. Had the front bumper re-sprayed and repaired as it was damaged. It's been re-enforced to stop it cracking again. Also the cars got a fresh MOT on it now went straight through only needed a wheel bearing on it!
Here's a few pics I took when I got it home. Just gotta re-mesh the grille and fit the N1 Red rocker i've got for it now.
110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

how is the manifold youve gotten for it?

The HKS manifold is great although I was suprised to find that the Pulsar Autech already came with a really good standard manifold which is matched to the head.:cool:

It doesn't feel any quicker TBH with the HKS one but it's certainly lighter than the Autech one. Also the HKS matched up almost perfectly with the standard downpipe so I didn't have to do any welding. I reckon i'm going to have the HKS matched to the head at a later date.

Changed the Distributor and Rotor arm today as they were the original ones and were looking pretty worn inside. It seemed a tiny bit flat yesterday and changing the plugs for NGK-R's and replacing those has cured it.

It came to £46.40 altogether. I think the NGK-R's were about £28 of that.
I went for a P10 dizzy and rotor arm, not sure if they are the same as whats fitted to the UK spec Gti? I just went with that as it's the same High port engine as mine.

Back
Top Bottom