Rob's Trop Green GTi

Yeah the colour match will be way off as he has already said it doesnt match the paint chip on his cards. Will fit it all up then have the bonnet and o/s wing done then blend to the doors.

I have a mate that is an amazing painter and he would have taken a sample and matched it, they only thing is he is so dedicated to his employer he hardly has time to do any private work. My fault for being impatient and wanting it looking good. Lol.

If it's that far off you'll be fading all the way down the door and up most of the bonnet. You may be better off starting with a closer match and then having less to blend out.

So, picked up the panels, really impressed with the finnish and so glad i held out for a vzr/sri splitter. The colour match looks good to me, thought it may show up more in photos but these seem ok and the rest of the car does need a clean. Only down side is the new genuine wing i got is damaged but only noticed when fitting, other pain in the arse is why the hell did i decide to do it at home ? Thousands of pounds of tools at work and i choose to use basic tools at home, plus as it was stripped yesterday i had to cycle to work thismorning at 5.30am. The pic of the damage shows the colour match between the fresh wing and old door and bonnet. image-2992505931.jpg image-1004800249.jpg image-120875151.jpg image-331062955.jpg The bumper isnt fixed in place whare it meets the wing as i left the insert at work. The only other thing is the n/s that was damaged lines up perfectly byt the o/s is out a bit near the indicator lamp, just needs a bit of adjustment.

image-2850909638.jpg

Last edited:
Hope they are your old wheels as 6kg would be a bonus. At the moment they belong to dale and were powdercoated not long before the car was taken off the road.

Colour match looks pretty close from the pictures. Maybe get the door and bonnet machine polished to bring it up to the fresh paint finish. Great stuff.

I would have done the lip black.

Colour looks pretty good, a little bit light maybe, its in the sun you will see the difference

Mettallics are a nightmare to match 100%.

That said looks like a good job. Doubt anyone but you would know.

Ask a mate which panel he thinks has been touched up (if any).. if he gets it wrong then money well spent.

Nice mate! Shame about the bent end though. Maybe get some heat to it and reshape it a little? Don't know how much you'd recover before damaging the paint though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

image-2965858455.jpg

image-1107164466.jpg

New wheels fitted, still need to swop my good tyres on to the rims at some point. Also fitted mtec brake discs a few weeks ago so all the black under the rear arches look clean and tidy.

Back
Top Bottom