Ross Autech

Do you need to get the car mapped to cope with 150 shot, will the nissan ECU be able to self learn for such dramatic events? Images of honda boys popping there engines after hitting the big red button springs to mind lol

You fitting big red button with this?

oh well i've had this fitted for a week now and this is the first time i have remembered to take some snaps while it is light...

wiring is a bit messy but it is solid, i hate wiring and it will be getting relaid soon

generally the whole system, a mess, but functional.

fitted.jpg

Wizard of Nos X10 Pulsoids, Red for fuel, blue for N2O.

Pulsoid.jpg

resistor unit which activates the pulsoids at 90% throttle and the fuel T piece.

TPSunit.jpg

Crossfire Injector fited to the intake pipe and rotated 15* as per WON instructions

Injector.jpg

so i started off fitting the kit with a 25hp shot set up. while this gave good gains the jets didnt quite agree with the autechs mapping so it was running a little rich when on nitrous. i done two runs at crail and matched my N/A time, so at the side of the track the AOC pit team got to work upgrading to a 50hp shot, as well as going to BKR7 plugs.

AOCpitteam.jpg

another test indicated that the use of a slightly larger N2O jet than specified cleared up the rich issue. back down the strip and the first run i take an instant 0.5 second off the time, however there was slight top end Det present, back to the pits, timing gun out and knock it back to 15*

Another run down the strip and the det has gone, but the time only improved by a tenth. however the torque was insane.

Back when the idea of nitrous first crossed my mind and i was molesting dave bulls brain for information he mentioned he had something that would suit my needs to go bigger.

MSDz.jpg

MSD ignition system. when activated it will retard the ignition timing by a preset amount, which is set based on the amount of nitrous i wish to run. this allows me to run higher shots without having to retard the timing across the range, thus keeping the autech's natural power when off boost, and allowing safe power on boost.

This will all be controlled by a Greddy MSS, which will do 2 things.

1. Prevent nitrous activating too low down the RPM range on harsh launches (which causes backfire through the inlet)
2. Automatically activates both the MSD and the pulsoids at the same time. ensuring the ignition is kept safe at all times.

I think thats everything I have to say just now! dave bull took a video from the passenger seat on sunday so hopefully he can post that here when he gets it uploaded.

/tech shit.

Nitrous FTW!!!

Bad news though bud, after uploading a few videos last night, I found that the camera had actually been left on after a run with Stig, and when I turned it on for your run (and a few runs before it), I was actually turning it off!

I now realise why the battery was dead when I got home and the tape was about 3 minutes or so away from being finshed.

On a lighter note, I do have a shit load of footage of a haystack bale and of some tyres while the car was parked up...LOL!

WHAT A TWAT!

We'll get some footage of the car next time out bud.

Sorry!

Nitrous FTW!!!

Bad news though bud, after uploading a few videos last night, I found that the camera had actually been left on after a run with Stig, and when I turned it on for your run (and a few runs before it), I was actually turning it off!

I now realise why the battery was dead when I got home and the tape was about 3 minutes or so away from being finshed.

On a lighter note, I do have a shit load of footage of a haystack bale and of some tyres while the car was parked up...LOL!

WHAT A TWAT!

We'll get some footage of the car next time out bud.

Sorry!

Nae bother mate, chris got some on sunday night with mega clutch slip LOL.

Steven ill take you out when ive done the clutch

soooo. exhaust.

fujitsubo is great. it fitted in with my OEM+ plan for the autech... then i went N2O and fucked that plan up the bum... so now i have a 2.5" head back up to the backbox where it bottles down to 2". im reliably informed by Dbull that this is BAD for flow.

so me and rick took a little drive over to see dave tonight and picked up a new pet. it liked watching the cars go back on the way home, tried to nibble the dash in ricks van and generally fidgeted about. i think i will call it steve.

watching.jpg

well not really. but its a beast...

SNAKE.jpg

the 3" exhaust off the sleeper before it went side exit. just need to trim it down a bit and put a V band flange or bolt flange on it.

mo' flo' bitches!

nitrous has also cause danger to teh manifold! (gasket) and its blowing pretty bad at cylinder 1. so gonna need to cop me a copper gasket...

Your best choice for a gasket is from Greg at G-Spec, as he has access to the MLS gasket that was fitted to the last of the SR20's.

I have never had any issues and I have been using the same gasket since 2005!

Your best choice for a gasket is from Greg at G-Spec, as he has access to the MLS gasket that was fitted to the last of the SR20's.

I have never had any issues and I have been using the same gasket since 2005!

right!

rick went and ordered one of these from nissan for me

£15 so cant complain

fortnight parts from amsterdam!

Back
Top Bottom