Smaz's GTi

I suppose it's about time i put some pictures up so here they are.

Bought this around a month ago now from a friend of mine, he'd been trying to sell it for some time but couldn't get a bite. Eventually he dropped the price a bit and then here we are!

Not much has been done to it although it does have a Pipercross induction kit on with gives it a lovely howl at around 4000rpm :D

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Almera's, most of what i know now has come from reading info here at the AOC. I was originally looking for a Primera GT, but couldn't find one that i wanted at the time i wanted it (if that makes any sense).

Plans for this little monster are some new wheels in the future, nothing to big though, maybe just some 16's and then get it lowered a fraction. Looking to do the rear wiper mod as well as a new front grille. Whether that's bought or i try and fashion one myself is another thing though!

As far as performance is concened i'm looking to get a sealed induction kit to replace the one already installed and new exhaust system. After that i've got to rely on what i've read here which is new cams and then a remap.

Planning to get it on the rolling road in January sometime, as long as i make 140 as it is now i'll be happy.

I'll get some pics of the inside, under the bonnet and the bass box in the boot sometime today but just for now heres my little car.

25jv23n.jpg

30w8mx2.jpg

j64kqx.jpg

24644jn.jpg

awvx45.jpg

Looks well mush, super clean.

If you are looking for an enclosed induction kit give me a shout.

I can get my hands on a lovely Cabon Fibre (real) kit that is exactly the same as those CDA (daylight robbery) kits at a fraction of the price. I even think they come from the same manufacturer! The only difference is that they don't have a sticker on em!

£95 plus postage for the kit
£130 plus postage for the kit and 1mtr of aircraft grade silicone air duct.

I am going to post a thread offering them to the whole club soon but if you want pics and more info send me your email address and i will send you some.

Dalby?

Nice motor, whereabouts are you in the Newcastle? Is that the GTi that was on the AutoTrader for £800 with only 1 owner for the last 8 years?

Mick

Nice motor, whereabouts are you in the Newcastle? Is that the GTi that was on the AutoTrader for £800 with only 1 owner for the last 8 years?

Mick
a think that is a different one.. a wnet to look at that one a think... and it was fallin apart.. arches were really rusted and think it was a phase one too...

didnt even hang about to see anymore tbh... smazs is a lot cleaner

It's my twin..well kinda. Looking very clean! On a totally random subject i'm coming down to Newcastle on the 27th for my bday :)

Mick

Live in Byker at the moment mate, and this couldn't have been the one on Autotrader as i've had it for around a month and it had been off of Autotrader for about a month or so before then.

He wanted £2500 for it about 6 months ago but couldn't get anyone interested, he then lowered the price to £2000 and still no one. In the end he offered it to me for £1500 and I obvioulsy said thank you very much! It's only done 50,000 miles give or take and apart from a broken armrest\box thing it's immacualte.

I never even contemplated an Almera although my pal was always telling me storys of his. He actually had a blue GTi before he owned the black one, that ended up on it's roof!

Looks well mush, super clean.

If you are looking for an enclosed induction kit give me a shout.

Certainly interested mate, money is tight right now but send me some pics and any info you can find on them and we'll see what happens, thanks!

Smaz.

Live in Byker at the moment mate, and this couldn't have been the one on Autotrader as i've had it for around a month and it had been off of Autotrader for about a month or so before then.

He wanted £2500 for it about 6 months ago but couldn't get anyone interested, he then lowered the price to £2000 and still no one. In the end he offered it to me for £1500 and I obvioulsy said thank you very much! It's only done 50,000 miles give or take and apart from a broken armrestbox thing it's immacualte.

I never even contemplated an Almera although my pal was always telling me storys of his. He actually had a blue GTi before he owned the black one, that ended up on it's roof!

Certainly interested mate, money is tight right now but send me some pics and any info you can find on them and we'll see what happens, thanks!

Smaz.

'For sale' thread is up now pal.

Absolute bargain at £1500 i bet you are over the moon with it.

Absolute bargain at £1500 i bet you are over the moon with it.

You could say that mate! I only passed my test in June and didn't want something crappy and falling apart but i finally gave in to what everyone was telling me and bought a 12 year old 1.1 Saxo. So after 5 months, 1 clutch and a couple of near death experiances because of the shitness of the car i bought this.

The only way i can describe the difference between the Saxo and this (a crap car and a good one) is effortless.

I'm a big car fan and a lot of my mates who have been driving for years own some fine examples, such as MG ZT 190, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Boxster S and Civic Type R, it was killing me to be driving that shed but now i've got the GTi i'm a bit more comfortable.

The only problem is now my mind is on my next car, it's not going to be for some years but you've always got to plan ahead!

Smaz.

So, next couple of jobs to keep me occupied are -

1) Buy Curtis's front grille and slap it on (hopefully before the meet next weekend.)
2) Spray the spare rocker cover that i've got with the metallic black paint i purchased from Halfrauds the other day.
3) Look into getting my enclosed induction kit, bit of research first and then take the plunge.

Probably get the rocker cover done before the weekend, thats if i can be arsed after a hard days graft :)

I'll update with pics as soon as i can.

Smaz.

So, next couple of jobs to keep me occupied are -

1) Buy Curtis's front grille and slap it on (hopefully before the meet next weekend.)
2) Spray the spare rocker cover that i've got with the metallic black paint i purchased from Halfrauds the other day.
3) Look into getting my enclosed induction kit, bit of research first and then take the plunge.

Probably get the rocker cover done before the weekend, thats if i can be arsed after a hard days graft :)

I'll update with pics as soon as i can.

Smaz.

Don't buy one of the Carbon filters i can get hold of pal, i am obviously out to rip you off and make some easy money from a soft target with no means of finding out if what i am selling to you is any good! :roll::D Catch you next week mate.

Don't buy one of the Carbon filters i can get hold of pal, i am obviously out to rip you off and make some easy money from a soft target with no means of finding out if what i am selling to you is any good! :roll::D Catch you next week mate.

;) No bother mate, catch you at the meet!

Back
Top Bottom