Smaz's GTi

ah i seen this on the trader mate, when i seen it up for 2k i thought that guy has his head in the clouds, £1500 is a good price though!

I'm going over to AAS tomorrow to speak to them about getting my exhaust system sorted out but i'm stuck as to what tail pipe i go for. Thought i would post a couple of options up here and see what you guys think.

352hsso.jpg

k3om6x.jpg

mi2876.jpg

Now, these arn't the be all and end all but they're around about what i would have, i'm definatley swaying toward the twin pipe solution as they're somthing different to what you see everyone have these days.

So what do you guys think?

Smaz

*edit*

Just to show how mad the guys over at AAS are, a friend of mine went down today to speak to them about his Monaro and found that they were putting a V8 into a MX5!!!

dont want a double one dude, bumper will need cutting probably. i got mine with a 3" slash cut. top blokes, he will probably advise you to get a 2.25" bore. are you getting cat back system? it will cost around £340, thats what mine cost from them

None of those!!
PLEASE!
3" round straight or slash cut looks the best..
Maybe with a slight inward roll if you like the thick pipe look..
Joe

dont want a double one dude, bumper will need cutting probably. i got mine with a 3" slash cut. top blokes, he will probably advise you to get a 2.25" bore. are you getting cat back system? it will cost around £340, thats what mine cost from them

Yes mate, from the CAT back. I originally wanted just the one pipe but a few of my mates said "you want to be different, get something that everyone doesn't have" Which kind of makes sense but on the other hand, everyone else has them becuase they look good and work well.

We'll have to see.

Just been looking at your thread there Sunnysrule, as far as the noise is concered i'm looking for somthing that has a howl to it but not too loud as to be classed as a boy racer, chavy, radge loud. In those terms how would you describe yours?

Thanks!

well mate im very happy with my exhaust, lovely deep tone to it when idle or low revs, then when its driven "properly" its roars, no rasp or chav saxo noise, just perfect. it has 3 boxes in it, the decat is resonated, then theres a box straight after the decat then the main back box, but with it being 2.5" all the way through thats why it still roars :D

if your goin for after market wheels i say do it. if you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be. [/waynesworld] why follow the crowd. ive got a 4.5" slash cut as it was on the car when i got it. who knows you may even get a few good remarks like i did with my angled pointy uppy jdm tyte style backbox on the 1.4 lol

I'm going over to AAS tomorrow to speak to them about getting my exhaust system sorted out but i'm stuck as to what tail pipe i go for. Thought i would post a couple of options up here and see what you guys think.

352hsso.jpg

k3om6x.jpg

mi2876.jpg

Now, these arn't the be all and end all but they're around about what i would have, i'm definatley swaying toward the twin pipe solution as they're somthing different to what you see everyone have these days.

So what do you guys think?

Smaz

*edit*

Just to show how mad the guys over at AAS are, a friend of mine went down today to speak to them about his Monaro and found that they were putting a V8 into a MX5!!!

Personally, none of those mush (look crap)

Go for a side exit! Failing that go for a 3" rolled in (looks classy and sounds sweet)

Now side exit would be sweet! :D

I'll see what they say tomorrow when i'm down there, they might suggest something totally different.

I know it'll not be getting done until the end of Febuary as they're fully booked until then.

Cheers for the opinions lads!

Finally got my new painted rocker cover on last night!!!

Couple of pictures of masking the lettering out before painting -

hsmh7b.jpg

2d14ub7.jpg

o543kk.jpg

Then in all it's glory -

2e2qdsk.jpg

15n1vfn.jpg

Definatley happy with the result, used the metallic black heat resistant spray paint from Halfrauds, took around 3 hours to get the thing prepaired and then about an hour to get it on the car.

Next thing will be the new front grille from Curtis, but still waiting for that to find me through the fine postal service we have :mad:

Smaz.

^ no i mean i looks grey not black, im silly sometimes lol

Oh, yeah i noticed that too. I still like the colour plus it sparkles a little bit which makes me happy :D

Just got the car booked in for the new exhaust system today. 20th of January is the date, going for a decat job, they said taking the cat out would probably give me another 8-10bhp.

Going for a rolling road run in early January and then one after the exhaust to see what's been gained.

Recieved the grille that was bought from Curtis today (thanks mate) So, put it straight on and grabbed a picture

a12v49.jpg

Sweet! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom