Spraying Standard GTi Alloys

Right, i'm after some opinions please....

I'm going to re-furb a set of standard GTi Alloys - but i don't know what colour to go. I've got 3 options at the moment.

1. The whole wheel glacier white
2. The whole wheel anthracite
3. The spokes & between the spokes anthracite, but the rim & behind the spokes white - i think this could look really good, but its the riskiest option as it may look sh*t

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the GTi wheel sprayed anthracite or white, preferably on a Red car.

I've tried searching but couldn't find much
Thanks

only ever seen them sprayed charcoal or black... Or seen the original factory rims in gold. :D

you'd be best of photochopping them

I was thinking the same thing - i've got photoshop on my PC but never used it before, thats why i was hoping some peeps would have pics.

Might just have a go, one wheel at a time and try them on.

i think white would suit a red almera however not white standard wheels , personnally id go for anthracite or gunmetal if its availble.

I'm gunna get mine powder coated white at Romax in Stockton mate (dunno if thats where you were thinking of going?) was either black or white so ive photoshopped it and the results led me towards white! (pic below).

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 197
I prefer the top picture opposed to the white to be honest, i'm seriously leaning towards anthracite, but there's that slight doubt in my mind thinking white would look good with the car been red.

I think the wheel itself might be too small at 15" to look good in white.

I'm getting drawn away from option 3 the more i think about it.

K33 ELV - i'm gonna have a go myself!

hellra1ser2k said:
anthracite :D

ditto

or bronze....? Not quite as lairy as gold but more noticeable than gunmetal/anthracite which can just look like dirty silver alloys....

just a thought. have a look here at the Rota wheels webby for colour options

Wouldn't go for a dark colour mate such as anthracite or black, it'll look like your driving round with steelies, but that's my opinion, I think white alloys look awesome, hopefully getting mine sprayed white within the next few months!

Well my car's blue, and I've thought for a while that white wheels would look nice - and it seems the other two 'blue' members above agree with me!

I'm not sure what they'd look like on a red, but photoshop seems the way forward!

(Either that, or going to a alloy dealer and "pretend" your interested so they'll let you actually hold a white set and anthracite set against the car to see which you prefer ;) )

What do people think about anthracite / gunmetal for the majority of the wheel, the doing the lip of the wheel & the 'bulge' on each spoke white?

I agree with the wheels may just look dirty if they are anthracite / gunmetal but i don't want to the full wheel white

Opinions?

I think i'm gonna have a blast at photoshopping tonight.

EDIT - i left my PC unlocked at work and one of my mates decided to post their wheels on!

White looks best on black cars i think and I also agree they would need to be bigger to look good. Remember someone on here sprayed their GTI wheels bronze which goes best with blue but his wheels got stolen, must have looked to good.

Just as a little update, i got my standard wheels powder coated at Romax today in brilliant white, a pic's below! im very happy with them, and it was alot cheaper than buying the white 5 spokes i was gunna get! :D

Attachments

• whitewheels.jpg
    whitewheels.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 90
K33 ELV said:
Just as a little update, i got my standard wheels powder coated at Romax today in brilliant white, a pic's below! im very happy with them, and it was alot cheaper than buying the white 5 spokes i was gunna get! :D

How much they rush you mate? Looks the mutts nuts by the way.

Trug

haha, £40 a wheel he charged, its £30 a wheel or somethin if u get silver but he charged more for the white and because i just dropped the car off (i.e. didnt just drop the bare alloys off) took about 3 hours for him to do! next step: coilovers :eek:

Back
Top Bottom