Stagea RSFour DAYZ Edition

Glad I didn't buy this when I had the chance, wouldn't have had this much patience

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Not sure what caused all this really so it may not have happened to you but I take your point.

On another note I was lying in bed about an hour ago and had an epiphany. I've put the fuel lines on the wrong way round!
So when I get a minute this week I'm going to swap them over and see if she fires. I feel like a bit of a dick being outsmarted by a loose plug and my own incompetence/ guess work.

I'll keep you all updated anyway.

I said about the fuel lines when I was at yours the other month Mr Spook.....

....Phone.....

Yeah I know. I forgot to check them as I was all consumed with the electrical gremlins. I've swapped them back to the correct lines now but it still doesn't start. Need to check spark now and see if the CAS is firing the injectors properly. If I can't find the problem I'm going to have to bite the bullet and send it into the pros. Need this car back soon as I'm sick of borrowing my mum's Meriva!

Spoke to MB at all?

....Phone.....

Yeah. Martin said it was a bad earth on the plenum. I put that negative cable on from my old GTi engine. I think I showed you when you were down. That obviously didn't work as it was a loose ECU plug the whole time.
I'm hoping she's about finished fighting me so I can get her on the road and polished up real nice. I must be confident as I'm picking up a new set of wheels for her next week ;)

Minor update. I will be getting this running tomorrow if it kills me, so in that spirit I went to London yesterday and picked up these Rays G-Games in 18". They need a lick of paint but they're nice looking wheels I think.

C0BDDDFC-5EEA-4820-8F68-F5D4CFD789C9.jpg

Update after today's labours.

I managed to guarantee fuel and spark to each cylinder from each coil pack. There is fuel going into the rail and the Cam Angle Sensor fires the injectors and spark plugs. There was still no firing up so I took the timing cover off, after explaining to Rob how there are marks on both cam pulleys and the crank pulley so it is idiot proof, to find the inlet cam was 1 tooth retarded. Doh!
Seeming not idiot proof.
With that problem rectified by clicking the pulley round there was much hope of engine noises but to no avail. She still only turns over. I manipulated the CAS whilst it was turning in case my cam mod was a few degrees out but still nothing. Poured in about 20 litres of fresh BP Ultimate just in case the fuel was stale; no change.
The time has come to give it to someone to sort out. I'm sure it's a small thing I'm missing but I need a car and soon. Gutted I haven't finished the job but I've learned a lot doing it. Just got to find a mechanic willing to take it on after I've had my dirty paws on it.

Stubborn bitch this one Spook, hope you get it cracked soon mush.

Failing that I have a lovely B5 A4 that's for sale!

Back
Top Bottom