Steven C GTi

The fuel AFR ends up so flat it's silly. Lookin at mine you'd think someones trying to draw a straight line while lying on a water bed next to an oranguntang with fleas. StevenC

You have a way with words Steven ! :lol:

I dont know if this is allowed or not, but heres comparison graphs of said BLACK PRIMERA, prior to Nistune map and after, just if anybody wanted to see:

Before:

img0001rl.jpg

After:

cid4854cf8649be41b8aeb0.jpg

Images taken from NPOC for reference.

There is hardly any differences to be honest on power. It's afr which moves a bit. Plus theres a few graphs overlapping eachother so hard to see lol. I'll try.

cool - the first time ever this cars been on the theadmill. fair crack on the rollers bro, you learned alot. car running good, no doubt the best it ever has.

i'm undecided about Nistune. It's a lot of money but when you consider the performance increase you'd get by doing this over, say, just buying an ASP header then it makes a lot of sense.

in a nice way, how would you know?

Engine get's hotter. Parts get hotter. This equals higher intake temps. Tyres get hotter, rollers get hotter. This equals more rolling resistance.

Don't start Craig :lol: It'll be more realistic to how it is on the road/track then :p

I wouldn't say that the number of runs etc or difference in temperatures would have caused an effect here as this is all measured with a dyno dynamics and taken into consideration when your HP is worked out.

I didn't really go for numbers, if I did I would most likely have gone to PHQ but let's not get in to that. I went to see what an AFPR could do, a learning exercise for me for afrs, maps and fuelling and to prove to myself that the engine is safe and in good condition (which I sometimes wondered when revving the shit outta it) which the read outs showed.

David, thanks man. You are probably right. I think the car probably is running better now than it ever has. It certainly feels it.

Anyway. Replaced the passenger bottom arm today and BINGO it now drives straight and the wheel sits nicely where it should. Looks like this should have been done as many as 4 years ago. It had a 4-5mm bend at the end of the arm where the ball joint is which is odd cos I'm not sure how that damage could be caused...regardless, it was a £40 part.

You know, I'm really not sure this car has been looked after at all other than regular oil changes and decent mods.

Back
Top Bottom