Steven C GTi

Ah yeah I've heard 205/40 is an awful profile if you want comfort. 205/45 minimum really. As Paul says, the springs don't help. No springs will on that profile really. Coilies have a much better ride anyway so having some of them with 205/45 will sort you out :) But i know, it's a lot of monies

David looks at those photos of Steven's old MIJ system it's more than just welds that have suffered. Doesnt look stainless for sure.

My MIJ cat-back is definitely stainless steel & even the backbox quality was praised by the local custom craft exhaust fitter. I guess MIJ's main problem seems to be a lack of consistency between actual exhaust spec/grade & who's making it up.

Steven that exhaust looks mint! If it werent 500miles away id be going there for mine. All im saying is I wont be going back to MIJ for my next one, custom Phil all the way!

edk - the steel? im sure its the weld before the centre box that went on steve's system. the steel can pit for sure but that in itself isn't a problem.

I'm sorry but there's no way I would find this acceptable:

163260_487333920795_537435795_6398656_6071833_n.jpg

Steven that exhaust looks mint! If it werent 500miles away id be going there for mine. All im saying is I wont be going back to MIJ for my next one, custom Phil all the way!

Don't know when you are planning to yours done but tie it in with Scottish car show in July?

ok edk you win, it must be mild steel nismo billy paid for all them years ago...

stop being stroppy when people challenge you...

it was stainless, but low grade.

before you jump and say "steven can speak for himself" i was at the fabricators the week after and it was still there so i have seen it.

David looks at those photos of Steven's old MIJ system it's more than just welds that have suffered. Doesnt look stainless for sure.

^ seem'd an odd thing to say is all.

stop being stroppy when people challenge you...

it was stainless, but low grade.

before you jump and say "steven can speak for himself" i was at the fabricators the week after and it was still there so i have seen it.

I liked to be challenged Alan, its how one learns. Nobody knows everything, but I like to think as a forum we do.
david

(mostly for my reference)

Car just been serviced (88,300) with:

Oil flush
Silkoline Pro S 5-40
Valve + Lifter treatment added
Oil Filter
Fuel filter (N15)
NGK BKR6EIX Iridium plugs
New gearbox oil (the old stuff looked quite dark green)

Still to do (hopefully before tuesday)

Clean MAF
Clean / replace O2 sensor

Better all round or just comfort? To be expected seeing as u were on rubber bands :p

-mobile phone post-

Tbf they vary a lot Ross, like 2kg vary. Also in fairness you're talking both cast, but the gti wheel has 1.5" less width and 2" dia. difference. That's a lot less metal.

-mobile phone post-

Tbf they vary a lot Ross, like 2kg vary. Also in fairness you're talking both cast, but the gti wheel has 1.5" less width and 2" dia. difference. That's a lot less metal.

-mobile phone post-

yah i mean i expected a difference, but i assumed since rotas were meant to be light they would almost be comparable but there was a real noticable difference in weight holding each

I think they made a decent OEM wheel with the gti one. Take the 15" Primera GT wheels for example, they weigh LOADS.

-mobile phone post-

Back
Top Bottom