STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

By S3R level I mean anything that are of similar profilings like poncams etc.

And I'm not putting them down at all im just saying that they're not the cams that give 'man idle' I do know that as I had mine for 5 years in a daily with no trouble, along with lightened flywheel and it was never an issue bellow 2k.

If you want to see what a 'man idle' is actually like then look at this....

Thanks to @Liam

....Phone....

AFR'S where all over last time on dyno,yet pulls like a train and drives good apart from being jumpy as said below 2k.Got dyno print out on project thread,running lean 16 to 1 in some area's(mosly lean all over below 4k).Mods are what's in the signature.FWIW made 167.2bhp last year.

Last edited:
AFR'S where all over last time on dyno,yet pulls like a train and drives good apart from being jumpy as said below 2k.Got dyno print out on project thread,running lean 16 to 1 in some area's(mosly lean all over below 4k).Mods are what's in the signature.FWIW made 167.2bhp last year.

I'll check it out, save thread crapping thats horribly lean by the way :/

I can't see any sigs' on the phone fyi.

....Phone....

So today on the way home from work I was able to crawl in both 1st and 2nd gears, with no throttle and not kangaroo. With the lightweight flywheel I had no chance, resulting to having to slip the stiff stage 2 clutch - aggro. So for me thus far swapping back to the OE flywheel, was well played.

every man and his dog knows im not into track days and 1/4 mile racing really, well not in my own car.

when draining the gearbox, the oil was a light brown honey colour not burnt and black. plus the magnetic drain plug had hardly any metal pieces attached, quite impressed and shows i look after my gears. shows the condition of the gearbox to an extent too.

So today on the way home from work I was able to crawl in both 1st and 2nd gears, with no throttle and not kangaroo. With the lightweight flywheel I had no chance, resulting to having to slip the stiff stage 2 clutch - aggro. So for me thus far swapping back to the OE flywheel, was well played.

If you me or anybody else say had a even lighter flywheel,like a 8lb fidenza flywheel,the kangaroo stuff would even be worse in theory yeah ?

i drove your Autech and kangarooing would have been the least of my worries for a daily lol

every engine/transmission reacts a tad differently to aftermarket bits, ie some with S3R's cams say they're great while others have said upon removal no difference was felt............ for me town driving 'comfort' has increased useing the OE spec clutch and flywheel combo.

a quick blat though, no daily pootling around in traffic.

I love having a light clutch pedal, its a must for me in any car now, fuck all this heavy shit.

Both my Gtis have been a bit kangarooy.

I put it down to cams with no remap causing rev-hunting in the stock ecu when crawling at almost idle revs with the lightened flywheel just making it more obvious and the uprated clutch just making it more obviously difficult to compensate for.

Edit: not sure if relevant but is fine in the same conditions on a slight incline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom