STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

wee update as its been a while, nowt happening. winter wheels been on for a good few months now, need to start planning my next set of 17's ready for April. new exedy clutch kit, Fuchs Gear Syn oil, OE flywheel and energy suspension shifter bushings.

clutch wasn't slipping but dragging as the springs in the pressure plate had started to fail, also the release bearing was stiff in operation *rotation. decided to refit the my 55k nissan OE flywheel. as much as i loved the free revving nature of a lightweight flywheel, 99% of the time its my daily commute mule in city traffic. for me with the cams, lightweight flywheel and UR pulleys it can be a pita to drive smooth below 2,000rpm. believe it or not but the bung in the tailpipe also has an adverse effect on the low rpm driveability - less of the late night moaning.

bye bye XTD, hello exedy

goes thur the gears like a samurai sword thur yogurt, cheers SnedsN15GTi's dad
david

Mine has same mods and is just the same to drive, jumpy when on and off throttle below 2,000rpm.I just dip clutch though during traffic crawling when needed,totally drivable still for me.Surprised you have removed xtd flywheel though.It's such a good mod and makes a difference.Good clutch you got fitted.

It's the aftermarket cams that make it jumpy the most if not all,i had all mods fitted before i fitted cams last,then that's when the jumpy thing started at low rev's.

Crank seal ok? Seem alot of oil gunk and residue.

yeah thought rear main once we had it jacked up thinking fcuk, flywheel off and it was bone dry. the oil is coming from the oil breather to rocker cover, and running down. if you look again, you'll note the oil on the engine to gearbox metal gasket is on the outside of where the gearbox would bolt on.

It's the aftermarket cams that make it jumpy the most if not all,i had all mods fitted before i fitted cams last,then that's when the jumpy thing started at low rev's.

i find the extra low end torque from the cams, helps the slow speed driveability not the other way round. so far low speed driving is more behaved and kinda like when i first bought the car all them years ago.

Last edited:
I didn't think the flywheel made any real noticeable difference in terms of driveabilty tbh at any speed,something lighter than a xtd flywheel then maybe...If it's help David,that's all what matter's.Deffo cams that made it like that for me though.

S3r cams.Clutch stiffish even as standard like the primera's ? Same gearbox etc.So yeah with a xtd clutch also,could see that being pretty stiff.

Got it from another member on NPOC,it was for a p10 primera,i modded it to fit p11 though,both p10 and p11 short shifter's can be got from ebay.Will also have N15 short shifter listed ? Approx 30 quid posted.

What you mean by S3R level lol,stop putting S3R cams down they class.As i keep trying to tell people who continually slate them :)

Proper man idle...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom