supersan n16

fail10.jpg

Righto let's do some ownage...

Darren's N16 SE

Car = 1170kg (with 15" steel wheels that weigh 8.62kg each with tyres weighing 9kg each)
Car without steel wheels and tyres = 1100kg
17" Wheels with tyres = 100kg
Sound deadening = 30kg+
Miscellaneous stuff in boot = 10kg say (due to tool box)
Bodykit = 20-25kg
Spoiler = 5kg

So in total thats 1300kg at least in a 1.5i against a 1.8i that weighs only 1300kg standard

20kg bodykit? whats it made of? Iron? lol

fuck i was guessing! i dont know how much a whole kit weighs when its fitted...

I was looking at it from a distributor point of view i think with like packaging n that... Think i'll stick to my fail pictures for now!

My second fail today!

Fail.jpg

It's a good starting point mate, will be interested to see what you do with it ;) Let us know how you get on :D

Car = 1170kg (with 15" steel wheels that weigh 8.62kg each with tyres weighing 9kg each)
Car without steel wheels and tyres = 1100kg
17" Wheels with tyres = 100kg
Sound deadening = 30kg+
Miscellaneous stuff in boot = 10kg say (due to tool box)
Bodykit = 20-25kg
Spoiler = 5kg
kit + spoiler weights 5kg at most.

ANYWHO San, back on topic hopefully, any questions about what you'd like to do to your N16 then post up and we'll help you out as much as we can

gearbox!

so here's the situation:

it was a dark and cold autumn night.
gear's were hard to engage, about 10miles later the engine stalls:confused: sparking causes car to jump forward but no running engine, continual sparking gets car going at 1st gear pace. proceeded to push to the side of the road. engine now doesn't start at all.:eek: called AA and joined up and recovered.

local garage (nissan approved, bought car from there 6months ago!) tells me (after £100 diagnostic charge! :eek:) that new gearbox is required. was told that new one was upwards of 1k, and to best get one myself (2nd hand or recon) and bring it to them to fit. They have quoted £300 to fit new gearbox but including a new clutch too. And have also said that they'd waive the diagnostic charge :thumb:

Jap Auto Parts in Birmingham have recon gearbox ebay item here. Having a look at that item it says they will fit it for £500 "not a penny more". Anyone have experience with these guys in Birmingham? They claim to be the oldest Jap car centre and have outlets throughout the country.
Local scrapyard has a T reg gearbox for £175+vat, does the n15 gearbox fit the n16 model?! :confused:
Should I buy the recon gearbox from Jap Auto then get my garage to fix it? Or get the car upto Birmingham and get Jap Auto to fit it?!

Noob in need of some help!

Thank you. :O

San

I wouldn't go for the N15 gearbox, just to be safe.

You should be able to get an N16 gearbox pretty easy. There's plenty in breakers yards etc.

There are a few scrap yards I know where they got N16 gear box's.

also £300 to fit a new gearbox + Clutch from a Nissan Approved place is cheap.

cheers guys, think i'm gonna buy the £440 recon unit then get them to send it to my garage for fitting with new clutch. that's £770! ouch. no beer for me til christmas!

i dont know about u but i finished work about an hour ago and am on bottle number 8 out of 40 so im going strong atm

Back
Top Bottom