Suteki Indicator Vent

surely the bulb is exposed to the elements? did you blck off the bulb from the hole or does the bulb shine through the mesh?

rhyd4 said:
surely the bulb is exposed to the elements? did you blck off the bulb from the hole or does the bulb shine through the mesh?

The bulb is to the side of where they've cut out. The part they've cut through only has about 2mm of gap in between the glass at the front and the black plactic at the back.

beretta93r said:
The bulb is to the side of where they've cut out. The part they've cut through only has about 2mm of gap in between the glass at the front and the black plactic at the back.
ok, so just a silicone seal is needed for the 2mm gap to seal the bulb from the elements, correct? so its just a matter of cutting the front glass and the black plastic behind?
good idae then, my main concern was water getting to the electrics

Why not seal the cold air pipe directly onto the back then? Would this not help matters.
I'm just thinking aloud really.

Matt

rhyd4 said:
ok, so just a silicone seal is needed for the 2mm gap to seal the bulb from the elements, correct? so its just a matter of cutting the front glass and the black plastic behind?
good idae then, my main concern was water getting to the electrics

Yeah, pretty much.

If you take one of your indicators off, you'll understand exactly what I mean.

mattmera said:
Why not seal the cold air pipe directly onto the back then? Would this not help matters.

Matt

Could be worth a try!

mattmera said:

Matt

that was my thought...

Darren198712 said:
would it be a idea to mold something so its a air tight seal so air goes into the suki indicator and then goes directly to the cold air feed tube ?

:lol: opps. Thats me not reading the whole thing and just the last posts!!! again.

great minds think a like.

Matt

mattmera said:
:lol: opps. Thats me not reading the whole thing and just the last posts!!! again.

great minds think a like.

Matt

lol sadly I do not have a N15 mera or I would of made the intake and got someone to help me design a mold for it. I am guessing that the hole is not big enough for the air filter the BMC's have a 5" hole i think and the indicator is not 5" big. I think it should be better to mount it on the front like Kurt.

otherwise this would be handy (cut hole and mold this onto bonnet)
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/prodrive_vent.jpg

or mod this onto the bonnet instead of the top
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/impreza_wrc_roof_scoop.jpg

another idea
would also be good to make a (open top) plastic/metal box surrounding the air filter and then having the corners cut so that water can leak and then have that vent right on top so the vent picks up the cold air and then the box under the hood keeps the cold air in the box

like the scoop on this
http://www.drmotorsport.co.uk/Scoop - LC.jpg
and then the box right under it

they are all very good ideas. But i think the whole idea of the suteki vent is that it as subtle and goes in behind the wing where the air feed is. and saves having the bonnet modified.

Matt

mattmera said:
they are all very good ideas. But i think the whole idea of the suteki vent is that it as subtle and goes in behind the wing where the air feed is. and saves having the bonnet modified.

Matt

true but it would't it be better to mold the air feed so its direct insead of a pipe there ? I just think that the hole will not be big enough

just fitted a Air filter to a N15 1.4 (GA14DE)

anyone handy with fibreglass feel free to try moulding a pipe on lol i really cant be bothered haha

well as i was just practising i rushed the painting so its a little crap shall we say:

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Back
Top Bottom