Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

so here we go. yesterday my clutch shat its pants (i think) so it is now on the drive ready to be stripped down and inspected. its looking likely ill be sorting out a few niggles as well as this such as rust/numerous gaskets/possible new brakes etc etc.

Image0297.jpg

"hello darkness my old friend" looks a familiar sight eh

updates next weekend

peace out. much love.

tom

Maybe this clutch issue will be the swift kick you need to help get you inspired / motivated with your GTi again.:lol:

Its saddening to hear your thoughts of 'Ooohhhh i'm getting old' ....'i want something more sensible'.

As much as i respect that, wheres the nutter Tommo i once knew from the limiter launching 1.4Si days?
Damn, you were posting pics basically every weekend with updates on your motor.

I know people have to grow up, but i dont want you to, maybe im wrong but i think you need a 'Daily' and a 'GTi'

Anyways, good luck Tommo, looking forward to the next update.

Dont break it Tom! You`ll regrett it so much. Any help you want, or tools to borrow, give us a shout.

cheers dale my fellow oldskool ga warrior :D and cheers rowdy, ill see you in the week mate, im mobile again!

rich - shes not being broken yet lol, gonna strip the box off and find out what the fuck happened

to fix - off the top of my head

new clutch or release bearing
new shaft seals while its apart
8" rust hole down the ps sill
both rear belt mounts gone, rust holes 4"-6"
rocker gasket
crank seal
coilover bottom sleeves were loose - hope they aint fucked
hotshot manifold swap to fixed one
front brakes might need changing
i have also now broke something underneath reversing it onto the garden, not sure what

would be cool to get her back on the road before rising sun car show (8th may) its not a lot to most people but when you consider it was my daily it cant all be done in a few hours by a joiner on a small driveway with cheap tools lol

tommo, if you need any help you got my number, :)
i get all weekends off, so if you have room for an extra person for 2 nights ill happily come up fri-sun, :):)

cheers kurt, wooden clutch plate. hmmmm grippy.

stu - cheers for the offer man but ill be doing it as and when i can! if i get stuck ill be calling hahahaha

So Mr.T.
we popping round the weekend to remove the box / drive shafts etc ?
Can then start looking at why the clutch "stopped working!"

yeah cheers dave, i could do with the socket for the hub nuts pleeeeeeease, didnt do much sunday as it took me ages to get the fucking thing on the drive.

Back
Top Bottom