Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

so chris and dave came round (spyke and gtir5MILLION) to help with disassemblllllllllllllllllle of tp. i love them both like they were my own.

not bad
Image0305.jpg

Image0306.jpg

this is the culprit, spacer between disc and the cushion spring has broken up. clutch still has life in it which is slightly annoying

Image0307.jpg

Image0308.jpg

chris and dave then decided to start removing things ie aircon

Image0309.jpg

MOO

Image0310.jpg

then i ate pizza

Image0311.jpg

so now i need a new clutch kit. suppose if its worth doing, its worth doing properly. so what do we recommend? xtd? exedy? owt else? gonna need shell welding and a few other bits sorting. spyke wants to spray my rocker cover and dave wants to clean my engine bay. im gonna ghetto the rear outer arches and hopefully she'll be better like this

Image0293.jpg

and then

Image0299.jpg

which is actually

Image0303.jpg

has ma10s

Image0301.jpg

and brown

Image0300.jpg

Fuck the clutch lets see more of that MA10S

I use a standard Valeo, served me well for 3yrs with a Fidanza, cost about £75, so if you cant justify splashing out, there's always that.

just to add the piece of broken clutch was stopping clutch plate engaging. also HUGE thanks to chris and dave!

Micra looks lovely...

Did you look at the roofrack I posted Tommo?

I'm thinking of getting a hood ride next, my GT is getting too much attention from the Bandido's round my way...

Its getting like the wild fookin west!

Glad its on its way to being sorted. Why not send the clutch manufacturer an email / pic and they may send a replacement....worth a try.

simply because i have no idea what is! in all fairness it has done 47k. got receipt for clutch change and recon gbox at 90k.

elliot i saw that but its one of those 'free if it ever pops up' items :lol:

how cheap you looking at going on the clutch......?.

Im sure wezz put in like a £50 clutch or something that seemed to last quite well..

Back
Top Bottom