th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Shit the bed! Thrown a rod cap through the block. You'll be lucky to salvage much from that. Who built the thing?

It's barely moved since the rebuilt hasn't it?

Looking at the first photos now it's obvious, looks like a number 1 underneath your thumb.

Bad times

The engine was built by hitec 2nd hand but was bought by Bob of GTiR before sold onto me.

I'm considering a breakdown dissamble party maybe when the weather is fairer.

No immediate plans beyond finding out how much of the internals is salvageable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Unless it slammed out of the block before hitting anything else, which is probably not the case, the bottom end will not be salvageable. as for the cams i can imagine they'll be fine tbh. but as Sam said if the piece/s got jammed they could have done damage.

Fingers crossed the valves took the brunt of it. But yeah good chance they should be ok.

Also with the new block wont you need to go for a gtir block again for the gearbix to fit on? :)

At this point I would sack off the gtir idea and just build a simple gti engine. At least it will be drive able then.

Then his gearbox/clutch setup would go to waste, id buy up engine parts slowly for SR20DET low comp rebuild and use time to find out a engine builder that is trustworthy

nope, all he would have to do is use a gtir crank.

Hes still using a gti gearbox casing at the end of the day which wont be fully lining up with his gtir block anyway. So a gti block would be better.

Back
Top Bottom