Wezz takes it up the emo bum

weeeeeeeeell the car is almost rid of its automagic, started at 7:00 and i came in at 9:15 as its a tad cold. All i need to do is take the top 17's out and the passenger side mount off tomorrow and shes out :biggrin: i'll get some snaps tomorrow. By this weekend the car is going to be transformed from in the words of craig "a monster truck, quiet, automatic slut into a low, throaty, manual LSD yielding, air conless whore, cant wait meeeeeeee

Also i just realised yesterday that with me getting a VZR box, I still have my naughty 14" dunlop slicks that i tried on the mera, yes im taking them to shakeys

looks like a spotless motor fella...

iv always wanted an n14,,what do these exactly weigh do you know????and does an sr16ve just slot perfectly in??no messing around with mounts?

looks like a spotless motor fella...

iv always wanted an n14,,what do these exactly weigh do you know????and does an sr16ve just slot perfectly in??no messing around with mounts?

depends on the spec dude, there wont be much difference to an N15 GTi really, except N15 has airbags and a few extra safety bars etc, im going to get mine on the weighbridge shortly. An SR16 wont go straight in but easy enough to do, the mounts will all mate up as its still an SR, just the wiring is slightly different, craig is the man to ask

yes which means no need for a driveshaft... i hope!

well its off :)

19102011014.jpg

19102011018.jpg

19102011015.jpg

19102011016.jpg

19102011017.jpg

19102011019.jpg

niiiiice bwoiiii

erm you gonna be able to do the bulkhead with it all in like that?! I didn't even think about that just took the whole friggin engine out :tongue:

looks cleaaaaaaan as

yeh i've had a look and i should be able to do it, could be a bit awkward but its do-able

i've just remembered that martyn chucked in a manual wiring loom with all my goodies for the car :biggrin:

Nice one Wezz, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for this.
N/a N14 ftw.
I can see another Craig part 2 happening....but please make the strip this time.

the auto gearbox mount is different I do believe, Craigs wouldn't bolt up to mine anyway.

You want a GA mount innit. Or that set of poly mounts Dylan is selling

Nice one Wezz, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for this.
N/a N14 ftw.
I can see another Craig part 2 happening....but please make the strip this time.

some people build there cars to actually use on the road nos, there's more to life than 1/4 miles

wezzly, i'm not sure what use the manual loom will be tbh. I know ammar seems to have got his n15 working that way but the wiring sounds far different to mine. On mine theres an extra plug on the relay box which seemed to take the plugs from the starter trigger and pnp switch, allowing the car to start. The guy in NZ that did the exact swap did it that way too so i dunno, maybe the manual loom will work somehow.

the guy in NZ reckoned there's like an auto control box somewhere inside that needs fooling though, so i dunno if the manual loom will send the signal to it to work.

If it is that simple, you're a cock. :)

Back
Top Bottom