Wezz takes it up the emo bum

also to add, having driven the 150miles home in full standard form - i can't believe the difference just the 3" exhaust made even with a stock, restrictive manifold and DP....with the stock catback on it is soooo strangled in the top end! Big fat breathing mods FTW

standard suspension might be horrifically high, a bit rolly....but dayummm it's nice n comfy :tongue:

NCOC - N Chassis owners club (reads N-cock though)

NHOC - Nissan Hatchback Owners Club

Gear linkages and lever fitted today, along with clutch pedal and cable, was a bit of a faff drilling the bulkhead but hey ho, i love to drill holes with my shiney powerful reamer. Also removed the aircon while i was on a roll. Box coming tomorrow, all i need is a gearbox mount and im pretty much good to go

well u have seen my garages lol. bloody alladins cave in there! and wonder why i can never find things! hahaha

u know were i am any ways any time u need anything!

cpl of months and not a single almera/ sr20 piece shall be in my garage though :O

thats gonna be strange - been fiddling with them for about 8 years now, (well with the sr20 engine/primera first like lol)

got the box today, been blasting on with it all night. I seem to have the same problem as other VZR box people on here, the drivers side shaft wont go in, the splined bit that actually goes into the box is too long. im in need of a N15 shaft i think, but after the problems in here it seems the splined part would need measuring

Look on stu-E's "a new project emerges" thread - I've posted a photo of a modded driveshaft dude.
It takes about 10-15 mins with a grinder that's all :)
If you CBA... I have another inner part of a shaft we also modified to fit (this was our dummy one but is perfect) which you could have cheap.
Joe

love you.

was thinking of doing that but it seemed a bit ghetto, im on it tomorrow. what do you mean chamfered the seal face though gadge?

If you look at the photo you will see, I literally shaved the domed bit off the end of the shaft completely, and maybe another half a mm, AND the thicker smooth shiny collar that the driveshaft seal slips over, needs its leading edge angled/chamfered off to match a contour inside the box, which will become apparent when you look inside in detail.
BUT- put grease on the bar inside the diff, AND the chamfered leading edge roughly 10mm into the gearbox past the seal, and keep grinding it off bit by but until it fits and no grease transfers from the rod inside the diff onto the end of the shaf, or from the chamfered edge, onto the seal face - if you get me??

Back
Top Bottom