White SR20 N16 Sport

Well here she is guys, the mighty 'mera!

Shes in generally good condition, few scrapes and scuffs, but nothing im concerned about!

Ive only colour coded the bumper strips so far.

I no theres one strip missing on the side...its in the boot! Im considering leaving the side strips black...i dont think it looks that bad. Plus i dont fancy painting the door handles, so i think they would look quite silly with white strips?? What you lot think.....

Im waiting for new speakers to turn up! Going to put 6x9s (thanks to hopelessness) in the back (am making up some plates so i can fit them where the original speakers are. And infinity comps (thanks to wazzaracer) in the front.

A white phase-1 3-door sport? I just fell in love!

Tint the rear lights!

woooaa steady on there fella....this girls taken :P

i was thinking about it, but im not sure now....

i saw some LED rear lights on a golf today and they looked well smart....cant seem to find anything similar for the mera tho :(

Only thing available for the N16 Almera is phase-2 rears (straight swap) or god-awful after-market Lexus lights.

Of course anyone one with a pair of spare light units, a Maplin catalogue, basic soldering and electronrics skills and a bit of imagination could make their own LED tail lights.

yeah ive been looking into the phase 2, not to keen tho....and lexarse lights are a definate no! :lol:

hmmm....thats an idea, dont think ive got the patience tho.....

dont suppose you know if inside the light unit theres are seperate lens's for each section?

ie indicator, brake and side, and fog light?

or is it all one piece?

time for an update me thinks. I cant uses photobucket for the pics as im on my fone, and sorry if the attachment pics as the same as the above pics, cant see them either!

Anyway ive been a busy boy since this thread was first put up.

Ive stripped out all the interior, i weighed what ive got left here today and it came in at 116kgs!

I then moved on to painting the interior, i went for matt black, looks good in my opinion.

For the seats i bought a pair of cobrs clubmans and some universal subframes....big mistake! They were miles to small to fit the car, so i sent them back and ordered some ally box section to make my own.

A few weeks after fitting the seatsi got some 4 point harnesses in red (am going for a black and red theme inside) and got them in pronto!

Ive also got a T-horn cheapo steering wheel off the bay. It has a nissan emblem on the horn button and im quite pleased at the quality for 30 notes!

Ive made up some interior doot handles, they just need painting red and they will be going back in. My only luxury is that ive still got a cd player and a pair of infinity comps.

On the performance side of things not alot hs been done. Ive removed the resonator box andi intendon modding the airbox, getting a panel filter and putting in a cold air feed. Ive also removed the airvon system, which i rekon weighed about 10-12kgd in total.

And finally ive ordered bc coilovers. Thats all i can think of noe, but im sure more littlr bits and peiced will be done over the next couple of months.

Thanks for reading :D

Attachments

• By the sea 2.jpg
    By the sea 2.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 123
  • By the sea.jpg
    By the sea.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Interior before 1.jpg
    Interior before 1.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Interior before 2.jpg
    Interior before 2.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Interior halfway 4.jpg
    Interior halfway 4.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Interior halfway 3.jpg
    Interior halfway 3.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Interior halfway 2.jpg
    Interior halfway 2.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Interior halfway 1.jpg
    Interior halfway 1.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Interior before 3.jpg
    Interior before 3.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Seats fitted 2.jpg
    Seats fitted 2.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Seats fitted 1.jpg
    Seats fitted 1.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Interior painted 3.jpg
    Interior painted 3.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 107
  • Interior painted 2.jpg
    Interior painted 2.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Interior painted 1.jpg
    Interior painted 1.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Seats and harnesses.jpg
    Seats and harnesses.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Steering wheel.jpg
    Steering wheel.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 66
You've put a lot of work in dude ! With the BC's, strippage & breathing mods, she'll defo be quicker & handle better. But please lose that gearknob - it's plain nasty !

Good work dude :thumb:. I take it you plan to track the slag? :D. Get some TTS power in there ;).

You've put a lot of work in dude ! With the BC's, strippage & breathing mods, she'll defo be quicker & handle better. But please lose that gearknob - it's plain nasty !

thanks dude! As for the gearknob. Beleive it or not, thats what was underneath the standard one! Will be changing it for an anodized ally one at some point.

Good work dude :thumb:. I take it you plan to track the slag? :D. Get some TTS power in there ;).

as for tracking it, the coilovers have wiped me clean outa cash till november, then its xmas, which means its insurance time, and then mot in january. So wont be able to afford any track days till the new year......unless of course we can have a go round goodwood :D

And this is a really embarrasing question, whats TTS? :O:confused:

update time! Ive been busy over the last 2 days, fitted coilovers, modified airbox and added a cold air feed, painted door handles and painted gearknob.

The coilovers are absolutly mint, still need the camber setting and the damper settings are still in the tweaking stages but the improvment is astonishing! The best 650 ive ever spent!

The airbox mod and cold air feed have help quite alot in the top end pulling power and has also smoothed out the acceleration lag upto 3k. Plus it sounds mint :D

theres a few pics here but not got round to takin any of the handles or gearknob.

cheers :)

Attachments

• Back before.jpg
    Back before.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Front before.jpg
    Front before.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 31
pics above are before, these pics are after :D

Attachments

• Modified airbox.jpg
    Modified airbox.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Current 2.jpg
    Current 2.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 49
  • Current 1.jpg
    Current 1.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Front after.jpg
    Front after.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Back after.jpg
    Back after.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Cold air feed.jpg
    Cold air feed.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 104
another little update and some pics.

Painted door handles, gear knob and strengthening plate.

sort of getting the coilovers tweaked nicely, its quite difficult as the roads round here are shite, some are smooth and most are bumpy, rough and pot-holed, so its a bit of a challenge tryin not to shatter my spine :D

But ive decided im going lower.....front another 20mm, and the back another 10-15mm i think. Should still be able to get round most places.

Cheers

Attachments

• Splate.jpg
    Splate.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Dhandle.jpg
    Dhandle.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Gear.jpg
    Gear.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 46
been and had the camber and tracking set today. Ended up with negative 1.4d camber, and standard tracking value (slightly toe in). And it is a bit better now, seems like im getting somwhere with it :)

also painted the handbrake...

Looks sweet :-). I see you have built the subframes for the seat but I was wondering how the seat belt is bolted on? my seat belts are bolted on the subframe but I see your subframe is made from Aluminium. I would recommend bolting the seat belts to the chassis if the frame is Aluminium. if the seat belts are bolted onto the subframe it may not be strong enough to hold you in

also if you go to the scrappy and grab some E model mirrors and swap them over you will save some weight. the E Spec Mirrors are manual ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-NISSAN-ALMERA-E-AUTO-only-27000-Miles-FSH_W0QQitemZ190334303792QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2c50cefe30&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I just spotted you still have the passenger side airbag in, the thing weights a tonne

have you cut custom the rear plates so you can adjust the coloivers.

and what do you thing of the steering wheel (size wise)? Please tell me its a lot easier to drive.

Nice touch painting those bits. Could be the first stripped out show & shine competitor! :D

Back
Top Bottom