White SR20 N16 Sport

thanks darren....i will admit, and quite shamefully that inner point of the harnesses are bolted between the frame and the floor, and the rest in existing belt mount holes.

Ive tried to get the bloody airbag out but the only anti-tamper torx i have in that size is in allen key style and isnt very long, and the bolts are dond up FT!

Ive got the rear plates on my toolbox at the mo, plan to mod them this weekend. On them there is a raised rectangular bit, im going to cut that bit out, do you think that will be enough of a gap to get at the adjusters?

Cheers :)

Nice touch painting those bits. Could be the first stripped out show & shine competitor! :D

thanks dude :)

but ill only have a chance at show and shine if i can do it with the bonnet closed, people not being allowed to look at the paintwork on the rear arches and the state of the alloys! :D

thanks darren....i will admit, and quite shamefully that inner point of the harnesses are bolted between the frame and the floor, and the rest in existing belt mount holes.
just want to make sure its safe thats all

Ive tried to get the bloody airbag out but the only anti-tamper torx i have in that size is in allen key style and isnt very long, and the bolts are dond up FT!

im not sure what size too

Im Exhausted :)

Well i finally got round to getting the exhaust done.

Went to MIJ in walsall today, covered 430miles and picked up a new set of alloys :)

The exhaust system consists of;

OBX Header & Downpipe
MIJ 200 Cell Sports Cat
MIJ 2.25" Cat Back Exhaust
MIJ 4" 'Burnt' Tailpipe

I arrived at MIJ at about 11am, they took the car into the workshop and began to rip the old pea shooter pipework off, they then called me thru and asked what size pipework/tailpipe/noise i was after, explained various bits and bobs and then they were off!

After about an hour me and darren went into the workshop to see how things were going, they had the manifold/down pipe and the cat on and the lads were just starting to make the middle section.

1ststage.jpg

downpipe.jpg

headersensortopside.jpg

manidownpipecat.jpg

welding3.jpg

After a few more cups of tea and jus chillin' we went back into the workshop, the middle pipe was on, but darren pointed out that they had put the lambda sensor in the wrong place. They had put in it the downpipe where it was originally, but as the cat had been moved to after the downpipe, the sensor required moving aswell.....pointed out the problem to jay and they began to rectify it.

welding2.jpg

lambdarelocation.jpg

lambdarelocation2.jpg

More tea later we went back in, sensor relocated, middle pipe on, back box lined up and the pipe that goes over the beam was being made.

rearbeam.jpg

After a bit more chillin' we went back in as darren was leaving and he wanted to hear it running.....not yet :( being 4:30pm it was getting on a bit, darren left so i stayed in the workshop chatting to the fitter. By the time the back box and mounts were welded on, it was time to fire her up.....

thecannon.jpg

thecannon2.jpg

welding1.jpg

Disaster :( Non starter :eek: was a bit stunned! After checking the fuses, it seemed that when taking to OEM manifold off, they touched it on the back of the alternator shorting it out. Fused replaced, time to try again....:D Big smile on face now...she was a go'er!

enginebay.jpg

headertopside.jpg

Checked all the joints/welds and that was that :cool: by this time it was 6pm, so they had spent an incredible 6hrs 30mins on it!! So off i went home.

With the fitment of the OBX manifold there is one problem, the downpipe is extremely close to the sump, theres no movement in it so it shoudnt rub, but its going to need a close eye over the next few weeks. Apart from that it was fine :)

clearanceissue.jpg

And thats the end of my story, i hope you've all enjoyed reading. :):P

Id like to say a thannk you to darren for hanging around in -2 to keep me company! And of course to MIJ! After todays service i'd recommend them to anyone, 200 miles home and no problems to report, ill keep you all updated over the next few weeks :D

Cheers

Mint! Nice burble at idle, deep rumble at low revs but gets a bit raspy towards top end (i like it tho :)) and it sounds amazing when coming off the throttle :D

Sweet man! This car's really coming along.
I must say I feel 4" is large but we can't tell how it looks till you post up pictures of the whole rear of the car lol.
Bet your loving the sound though :)
Joe

How loud is it?

Will it be too loud for the next track day?!

Looks well made.

Downpipe is close to the sump like, i'd wanna push it off a bit...

Price?

track regulations are fairly laid back in my experience, its at 75% of the redline or whatever it is but under no load most cars are fairly quiteish, low enough to pass the test anyway, under load they dont seem to care as long as its not mentally loud, or thats my experience of angelsey and oulton park anyway.

looks like a well made system, and id imagine it would look great from further away, just looks like its too big because its so close up in the pictures.

Looks like good work. Didnt take as long as my turbo-back took though :lol:. You got me beat by 2 1/2 hours. You went for crush bent eh? Video needed liam!!

As people say. most importantly how's it feel?! StevenC's was 4" wasnt it? Looked mint in person at JAE 2008 :).

Laim. I want a pack right now. Shakeys asap. I want to race you now. Was a laugh before and now I reckon the comp will be TIGHT. If I strip mine it will be seriously interesting :eek:.

the exhaust system looks mint. im glad there was no issues with engine lights and etc.

sadly never seen the inside of the car but oh well im sure there will be a next time.

An interesting read there Liam, it would be great to hear a vid of her running when you get a chance . . . . :cool: Is the ECU light behaving itself so far ? One thing I'd watch out for is how close the mani is to your fan wires in that pic - it might be best to tuck them in tighter with a cable tie dude. :)

washed and good pics tomorrow. you know the drill

most important, hows she feel?

Im not washing it, its fucking freezing :D

Shes feels much much much better, picks up almost instantly now, has pretty much got rid of the effects of the IVCT (or whatever its called) which kicks in below 3k rpm.

Sweet man! This car's really coming along.
I must say I feel 4" is large but we can't tell how it looks till you post up pictures of the whole rear of the car lol.
Bet your loving the sound though :)
Joe

It does look a little out of place and maybe a 3" would have gone better with the 'sleeper' looking exterior, but i love it! And the noise...oh my god.....creampie :P:D

How loud is it?

Will it be too loud for the next track day?!

Looks well made.

Downpipe is close to the sump like, i'd wanna push it off a bit...

Price?

I dont think it will be to be honest, i dont think its as loud as Joe's and as sprint said, they dont test it under load.

Im extremely happy with the build quality and the welding, i inspected in very closely before it came off the ramp :)

Its the way its designed, i dont think it'll move over, i'll keep an eye on, and if it starts rubbing then ill put some high temp silicone between to stop any wear :)

Came in at £555 for fitment of manifold, sports cat and cat back.

Manifold cost me £180 from the states

Looks like good work. Didnt take as long as my turbo-back took though :lol:. You got me beat by 2 1/2 hours. You went for crush bent eh? Video needed liam!!

As people say. most importantly how's it feel?! StevenC's was 4" wasnt it? Looked mint in person at JAE 2008 :).

Laim. I want a pack right now. Shakeys asap. I want to race you now. Was a laugh before and now I reckon the comp will be TIGHT. If I strip mine it will be seriously interesting :eek:.

Bet you didnt have to wait around in -2 tho :P:lol:

Ill go an do some videos in a bit, just drinking tea at the mo :D

Ill definatly come to shakeys this year mate, with spec IIs and new exhaust im hoping to wipe the floor with eddie :lol::cool: Your not allowed to strip yours ed, as thats not how it will be run on the street :rolleyes::rasp:

the exhaust system looks mint. im glad there was no issues with engine lights and etc.

sadly never seen the inside of the car but oh well im sure there will be a next time.

I dont know about the EML at the mo, as it was still on from when i changed a sensor before Mallory, so ill have to pop it into the garage to get the codes read :)

Im hoping to make JAE this year darren, so you should see it then if not at a meet beforehand!

Gear.jpg

Just wondering what that little control box is with the A B C buttons? :)

Ammar

Ah thats a secret ;)

An interesting read there Liam, it would be great to hear a vid of her running when you get a chance . . . . :cool: Is the ECU light behaving itself so far ? One thing I'd watch out for is how close the mani is to your fan wires in that pic - it might be best to tuck them in tighter with a cable tie dude. :)

Videos coming later today paul, as for the EML ^^, yeah i was thinking about the wires aswell, ill arm myself with cable ties later!

Cheers :D

Back
Top Bottom