White SR20 N16 Sport

I havnt technically got it yet...

Still up in 'boro, had a couple of 'teething problems'...

Photos will follow suit when im home, probably 6-7am :(

Can't help but think we're being 'teased' here.....

AA32~No-Tease-Zone-Posters.jpg

Hope your teething probs arnt to serious mate!

well by the smile on his face after he picked his arse up after the first drive

i think he likes it :)

and to see dans face after his little tester aswell - hmm lighting up in third :O i was plesently suprised also :)

he has set off home now :)

little info on the swap, but liam is gonna create a thread and ill add to that in more detail

but general idea is

-----------------------------------------------------------

had car a month in total
job was to
Fit SR20 engine
Toyosport header
Stage 3 race clutch
full car blowover - removing wiper holes and aerial
engine bay clean and spray
clean and spray engine

waiting near 2 weeks for mounts to come from Gspec (ordered well in FEb) so longer than expected, were supposed to be here ready for me taking the car.
waiting around for them as i wasnt gonna do the body work untill i know how muchh fabrictating i had to do and what was needed to do etc.
in hindsight i would have stripped all the panels off and sprayed them seperately but, hey the beauty of being able to look back over eh!

basically gave me 2 weeks to fit and fab engine and get runnign etc and spray the whole car, engine bay, engine etc
2 weeks :(

but he on way home now!

customized items list:
Drivers engine mount,
gearbox mount
gear selectors
clutch from hydrolic to manual - customized clutch bracket
abs pump
power steering
removed aircon pump etc

rewired items:
Full GTi loom - minus a few wires that were stripped out not needed
abs pump
wipers
steering column - indicator stalk etc
ignition barrel
power windows
all lighting system
fuel pump
fuel sender

think thats around about it!
and just so you know!
the french have certainly had there input into the n16

every wire were different colours
every plug was different
every plug had different amount of wires going through them
head fartt at times trying to check polarity continuity voltage etc through each of the cables lol

DSC02036.jpg

ooooh oh ho hoh

nice photo here!

ill give a curly wurly to the person that knows this guy
this guy is a PURE LEGEND, and im GLAD he lives over 3 hours away from me! otherwise i guarentee we would both be dead! however we will one day own a chop shop together and come out with some mad creations

he is the reason i put the sr20 in the micra
i helped him put the ga16 in his micra
i helped him put his rb25 in his 200sx
we put the pinto engine in his vindicator kit car - which he is currently putting the rb25 into now!

the guy is an utter legend -and was one of my partners to go on scrap heap challange!

any one know him :) - he popped down to stay over last weekend so came and helped out :)

DSC02028.jpg

aye its george - Nicon to some = LEGEND and one crazy mofo..

any one remember him digging up the tarmac at JAE i think 06 :S in his seriously decked out k11 lol

well i mised a phone call of liam at 4.30 in the morning :S
instantly thought the worst.

well got a text off him aswell saying one of the bungs in the toyo sport exhaust manifold he has has came out on th em5 :S doh! must have been loose from new as i never touched it. grr
so he had to listen to the exhaust blowing for the remainder of his journey lol..

also the 1 job i left him to do lol. put his arch liners on. and apparently they started flapping and catching his wheels (clips must have pulled out or something!

BUT

he is home. safe. engine and car in general withstood fine. apart from the bung and arch liners every thing seemed fine!
apart from an intermittant speedo - so must be loose connection rather on one of the signal wires from the pinion or from the 12v live to the clock..

so for its first major test - an 8 hour drive home.

the car is now back living in Devon. liam is at work from 2 today so im guessing he might pop on his phone during his break if not then he will be on some time after he finishes etc

Back
Top Bottom