Would black bumpers & skirts work?

lol, having asked for people's point of view about such a bold make over you can't really be susprised if everyone doesn't like your idea's, don't get mardy, everyone has a bad idea once in a while.... :p

looking at JME's photoshop i dont know whether it could actually work Fred, not something i would do personally but in his photoshop it actually looks quite good, might not look that good at all once it was done though BUT like you said its your car, if you like it i would go ahead with it but it could prove expensive if you changed your mind. a dark grey may work better imo, but its definately going to be a marmite modification if you did it.

good luck if you go ahead with it, definately be different but then when you come to sell it that could be a problem

Don't think it would look right, although as JME was saying about cf splitters, a CTR a while back had a cf front splitter, and that looked really nice, just don't think the almera could pull it off.

shaun said:
you asked for the forum's opinion and i gave mine why be a biatch about it :rolleyes:

Sorry Shaun, I`ve removed the previous post!

Was in a bad mood, `cause I nearly put the GTi into the side of some granny in a punto when she decided to come out of a junction whilst looking the other way! :mad:

I did nudge the kerb though, & got ANOTHER mark on the front alloy! :angry:

So I was not a happy bunny, & just took your comment the wrong way, & didn`t realise what I`d said `till I just got a PM from Harry & thought "what`s he on about?" & re-read the whole thread. :O

I sincerely appologise to both you & Harry, as the alloys are NOT being sold.

Almera Guy said:
Sorry Shaun, I`ve removed the previous post!

Was in a bad mood, `cause I nearly put the GTi into the side of some granny in a punto when she decided to come out of a junction whilst looking the other way! :mad:

I did nudge the kerb though, & got ANOTHER mark on the front alloy! :angry:

So I was not a happy bunny, & just took your comment the wrong way, & didn`t realise what I`d said `till I just got a PM from Harry & thought "what`s he on about?" & re-read the whole thread. :O

I sincerely appologise to both you & Harry, as the alloys are NOT being sold.

you don't need to apologise dude, i like your GTi it looks like a good well kept machine with subtle mods but it's your car at the end of the day and it would be a boring world if we were all the same eh ;)

shaun said:
it would be a boring world if we were all the same eh ;)

Here, here! ;)

As the whole front bumper really needs respraying anyway, I may hand paint some of the splitter black, just to see what it does look like, then, if it really is crap, I`ll send it off to be completely sprayed blue again. ;)

Good to see you both sorted it out. On the subject of wheels, I hear colour coded lips may be around more this year.

Oh fuck it, here goes...... i actually like the black kit idea! Satin black would look awesome. No difference in appearence to black side/bump strips in my opinion. Scratches to front lip would be easier/cheaper to touch in. Last months Banzai featured an EK4 Civic Vti with carbon spoiler, skirts and lips and unless you were 2ft form the car they looked satin blak. Looked hard as fook.

If it was a full black carbon fibre GTi kit and bonnet it'd look gorgeous and i'd have your babies.

I can see what you're trying to do i think, it just looks primed to me, there's a silver vectra that drives round hartlepool with a white splitter that he still hasnt painted and it reminds me of that. but its your car do what you like, not what we like!

bit late there, but the pic of the GTi with the gold alloys and the black parts looks well... fucking awfull basically lol...

it would look better on JMEs car but not like that, keep it the way it is fred, I love the look of it anyways!! but dont go doing nowt daft lol....

ahh kelv, this vectra you talk about, I think I might have seen it aswell, and a horrific BMW think its a 3 series, old obviously, and its white.. it looks even worse, hand painted I think, its fucking shocking haha..

its a big

NO.gif

from me, think it will look wank

Ok then, may paint the alloys either Anthracite, Gunmetal, Silver or Bronze.

Anyone know where that pic of the black VZ-R with Bronze standard alloys is hiding?

Tried searching for it but can`t find it. :(

May still be in the old forums.

Not a fan of the blue rim, but with blue calipers...mmmmm...tempting.

What is that, black or grey :confused: I have strange eyesight, which makes certain colours look different.

Example: I know & can see that the fir tree in the top right hand corner of the pic below is bright green, but, the leaves below it, to me, look the same colour blue as the `post reply` button, :eek: even though I know they`re very dark green.

Hence why my choice of colours may seem odd, you see them as they are, I have a different perception of what they look like. :O

Back
Top Bottom